Rooting my nook color

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
I have a nook color, and really bought it for the magazine subscriptions, books, etc. But also bought it because you get use it for online. However, it is very hard sometimes to obtain a connection. So I thought about getting an Android Tablet, for the apps...since I have an Android Phone ( a Hero )

I have read so much about rooting my NC... could I still be able to get my magazine subs and my books directly from B and N ??

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
Oh...WOW! I read the information you told me about, and This is way over my head!!! Guess if I want an actual tablet, I'll just have to buy one! (LOL)

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Nah! Trust me, it may sound scary, but as long as you follow the instructions, you will be fine. We have several members that were where you are right now...and they will all tell you that it isn't so scary once you get into it.

Don't worry about the big picture, just read and understand the first step...and when you get that, step 2...

Besides, you have the largest online community of Nook owners around and we are here to help.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I am going to move this thread into the general area, it will get more exposure that way. :)

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Well if my article went over your head, then I missed. Please let me know where and what lost you so I can try to edit, you are the exact audience I am trying to target.

Also, it's a very easy process really and if nothing else, all you have to do is root the Nook, set up a simple launcher (zeam, etc) and nothing more. It will give you the nook experience you already enjoy, with the benefit of the (nearly) entire Android market. :) Woot!