S7 and AT&T Prepaid Data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4NYV

Dec 5, 2010
You rename the wpa supplicant, and make sure The bin directory is rw

Yes, I made sure the .txt extension was removed and the bin directory had to be rw or else Root manager complains and will not let you copy or move a file into it.

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
AT&T prepaid is now working with the S7 again. AT&T's system would not recognize the S7 IMEI numbers since the week of Thanksgiving. Something to do with them upgrading their Buy a Session site. I was on the phone with them about 6 times that week and they could not do anything about it. I got an email today that it was fixed and got it to work. All you need to do is get a AT&T sim card( they are free) from a store. Go to this site and purchase a plan. http://www.att.com/buyasession
Then use the data plan APN settings posted in the tips and tweaks post. Works great.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
nrage - you are the man today! nice update and great support and follow up!

Dec 13, 2010
To get to the original question, I just went down to the AT&T store and purchased a sim card for $25. No activation fee. Works great.

I am a Verizon user with my HTC Android phone, so I do not have the flexibility of just pulling a SIM and putting it in my S7. Having said, what are my options for a prepaid data plan on AT&T? Has anyone else here been in the same boat and what did you do? I am avoiding switching carriers, if I can. I really like my Verizon phone service.

Is there a cheap phone I can pick up at Walmart or similar store that I can pull the SIM from, activate and use? Can I make it data only and will it be worth the money to do this in the first place?

Thanks!
Jason.

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
To get to the original question, I just went down to the AT&T store and purchased a sim card for $25. No activation fee. Works great.

The AT&T store I went to gave me my sim card for free. Also their over the phone tech support is horrible. They kept sending me to iPad tech support and I kept telling them it was more like the Galaxy Tab.

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
AT&T Data Connect Pricing is as follows

DataConnect Day Pass with 100MB $15.00 This offer allows for data usage only on the AT&T network for 1 day or 100MBs* maximum usage whichever comes first.
DataConnect Week Pass with 300MB $30.00 This offer allows for data usage only on the AT&T network for 7 days or 300MBs* maximum usage whichever comes first.
DataConnect Month Pass with 1GB $50.00 This offer allows for data usage only on the AT&T network for 30 days or 1GB maximum usage whichever comes first.
DataConnect Pass Global 20MB $24.99 This International offer allows for data usage in over 100 countries for 30 days or 20MBs* maximum usage whichever comes first.
DataConnect Pass Global 50MB $59.99 This International offer allows for data usage in over 100 countries for 30 days or 50MBs* maximum usage whichever comes first.
DataConnect Pass Global 100MB $119.99 This International offer allows for data usage in over 100 countries for 30 days or 100MBs* maximum usage whichever comes first.
DataConnect Pass Global 200MB $199.99 This International offer allows for data usage in over 100 countries for 30 days or 200MBs* maximum usage whichever comes first.

j2k7p73

Dec 3, 2010
I'm using a go phone sim, i activated in my s7 and added the data plan. Total cost, $40.

100 MB to be used over one month.

Sent from my Ideos S7

dajack761

Dec 8, 2010
I picked up an AT&T sim card at BB and activated it online using the "Go Phone" method. I chose the $.10 per minute call rate plan. I added $25 to the account, then added a data "Feature Package" of 100 mb for $19. The $19 is deducted from the $25 payment, leaving $5 and change for phone calls. I chose this approach for a couple reasons. I won't be using the 3g internet access often and will be using the voice capabilities even less sporatically. The 100mb would be available for 30 days. If I add another 100mb before the 30 day term expires, any unused data is rolled into the next 30 day term. Hopefully I explained that right. I'll have to re-evaluate my approach if my short term data usage increases.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Anyone reading this in the UK get a giffgaff SIM and buy a £15 goodybag and you get 300 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet access.
Bargain!

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Status
Not open for further replies.