Samsung Tab S 10.5 - Very Slow To Charge/Doesn't Hold

lizbinder

Mar 9, 2016
Hi!

I hope you guys can help me!

My Tab S is REALLY slow to charge - can be left on it's charger all night and only increases percentage charge by 4-6% - if it's unplugged it decreases rapidly and even just looking at FB or Gmail whilst it's plugged in causes a decrease in charge. Means this is basically unusable.

I've tried:
- closing/force stopping apps that are the biggest battery users (spotify etc). Cell standby is now the highest user at 33% (followed by FB messenger @15% and Google Play @11%) but think this is most likely because I can't really use the tablet for other apps to be using battery rather than cell standby being a problem.

- Hard reset and, without installing anything, on fresh boot it still has the battery problems

- I've tried different usb chargers and wall ports to see if it's that and doesn't help

- After seeing a previously solved thread that advised trying to charge it from the computer I have a red cross on the battery icon but very slowly increases in charge (like they did; I haven't tried this overnight yet which will be my next step) but when I try this with different charging cables this gives the same result so don't think it's the cable as was the solution in that one?

- I've had a look in the actual port to see if there is anything stuck in there (like a bit of fluff disrupting the connection or something) and can't see anything...

I'm at a loss at what else to try to narrow down the problem so any advice would be great! I am 6 weeks past my warranty so trying all the different avenues first before biting the bullet and taking the back off/sending it in for repair!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

lizbinder

Mar 9, 2016
Also, let me know if this is the wrong place for this query and if so where to put it! I'm new to here so learning :)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
This is just a guess but it sounds like your battery is dying. That's really the only reasonable explanation after what you have tried..

lizbinder

Mar 9, 2016
This is just a guess but it sounds like your battery is dying. That's really the only reasonable explanation after what you have tried..

Yeah this is what I was afraid of, you are indeed the bearer :rolleyes: of bad news! The decline in the battery was quick, like a couple of weeks, which was making me think it might not be? But I have no idea how long it can take for batteries to get to the state it is in now so running it past you guys.

Thanks for your help and the speedy reply!