samsung tablet 10.1

crochetnut

Jan 15, 2015
Having problems viewing emails using outlook. My screen freezes can take me hours to read them. Have tried Google chrome, also tried viewing them in desktop view. Any ideas please before this tablet flies out of the window this has been going on for months.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Are you using the Outlook app from the Store?

Is it set up as IMAP?

crochetnut

Jan 15, 2015
I have tried the Outlook app from the store, but it did not make any difference. Sorry do not know what Imap means.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
So, how are you getting your mail, through the stock mail app? There are 2 ways to set up mail, IMAP and POP. One or the other must be in settings and if you don't know what IMAP is I'm guessing you're using POP mail. IMAP would be syncing mail back and forth and might be a reason for your problem due to a sluggish connection.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi crochetnut, congratulations on your new Tab 10.1 and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.

crochetnut

Jan 15, 2015
I have tried the Outlook app from the store, but it did not make any difference. Sorry do not know what Imap means.
So, how are you getting your mail, through the stock mail app? There are 2 ways to set up mail, IMAP and POP. One or the other must be in settings and if you don't know what IMAP is I'm guessing you're using POP mail. IMAP would be syncing mail back and forth and might be a reason for your problem due to a sluggish connection.
Hi there, Yes i must be using IMAP but i cannot be sure, i have looked in settings on my tablet, but i am no wiser! I how do i find this out. I am syncing my Outlook mail with my home page account Yahoo. I don't seem to have these problems viewing my mail when i'm using my laptop, on Windows 8.1. only when using the Samsung tablet.

crochetnut

Jan 15, 2015
Hi crochetnut, congratulations on your new Tab 10.1 and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.
Hi Spider,
Thanks for the welcome. I have been using my Tablet for two years but only came across the site a couple of days ago, desperate too find out the answer to my problem. Only use the internet for basics it is an unknown world to me.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi there, Yes i must be using IMAP but i cannot be sure, i have looked in settings on my tablet, but i am no wiser! I how do i find this out. I am syncing my Outlook mail with my home page account Yahoo. I don't seem to have these problems viewing my mail when i'm using my laptop, on Windows 8.1. only when using the Samsung tablet.
If you go into the settings area of the mail client it should say what your servers are, in and outbound. They would usually start with the word POP or with IMAP.

crochetnut

Jan 15, 2015
If you go into the settings area of the mail client it should say what your servers are, in and outbound. They would usually start with the word POP or with IMAP.

Hi there I spent so long trying to figure out my settings on the tablet and Computer, that I rang Microsoft for support. They informed me that the Samsung tablet 10.1 is not supported by them and this is why I have problems

Last edited by a moderator:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That's correct, Microsoft does not support Android. However that doesn't mean that it won't work. There are tons of people using Outlook on Android tablets either using the Outlook app, (not the Outlook program for Windows), or another mail app.

crochetnut

Jan 15, 2015
Hi thanks for replying.Where do I go from here now. I set the outlook account up on my laptop and synced it to the tablet. Do you think that I could of set the settings wrong?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi thanks for replying.Where do I go from here now. I set the outlook account up on my laptop and synced it to the tablet. Do you think that I could of set the settings wrong?
What is the status at this point? Is the primary problem, (still), freezing? What app or apps are you using or have you used?

If you are getting errors, what are they.

crochetnut

Jan 15, 2015
What is the status at this point? Is the primary problem, (still), freezing? What app or apps are you using or have you used?

If you are getting errors, what are they.
The only error i have using the tablet is viewing my emails using Outlook. The screen still freezes, and the only app I have tried is the one below.
I typed in Outlook.com on my tablet and the first thing that appears on the screen is 'The Official Outlook.com app that gives you the best mobile experience............... which you can find on Google Play.