Disappointed with my new Galaxy Tab 10.1

MikeAnthony

Jul 26, 2011
hey, i just installed cloud print and connected it with my pc. Im at work and it found all the printers that my pc is connected to. I just tested a coupon from my tab 10.1 and it printed perfectly. It's pretty amazing actually.. very convenient. So just my confirmation that cloud print is working on my device.

thanks!

edit: just wanted to say that i find it very easy on the pc to print a page as the OP said... However, I just figured out how to actually print a web page from the tab and all you have to do is hit the menu button at the top of the browser and select 'Share'. From there just select Cloud Print from the menu and it opens the app and gives you the printing options. Just as easy on this device as it is on my pc. And my computer here has gotten pretty slow over the years. The tab 10.1 just printed the page faster than my pc does! lol... I'm just sharing this for anyone that may find the info useful. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Melco

Jun 21, 2011
Mike, thanks for your input. I'll give this a try. I tried Google Cloud Print before but could not get it to work. I'll try it again.
Thanks................................Mel

Melco

Jun 21, 2011
I just can't seem to get it working. I can get cloud print to print off a test page , to indicate that my hp printer is attached to Google Cloud Print however I cant print from the galaxy 10.1. Are you using some program on the galaxy to print?
Thanks.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I agree with AT, a tablet is no substitute for a laptop or a desktop at this time. Any time I want to do anything serious, I use my desktop or my laptop. Right now, I've got a bunch of Windows open so I can track activity in several sections of the forum, search for things I remember seeing in previous posts, Google things, check out suspicious links, check my email, check alerts, check my PMs, etc. If I had to do that on my tablet, I couldn't do 10% of what I can do on my computer.

Jsmphoto

Jul 10, 2011
True , but I can lay in my reading this forum and silently type this reply with swype on 7" galaxy tab :)

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Android Tablet Forum

Melco

Jun 21, 2011
Ok, I'm happy now. I got Google Cloud Print to work. Thanks for all the suggestions.:rolleyes:

nicpappag

Aug 30, 2011
I too am very displeased with my new galaxy tab. Facebook, NetflIx, Hulu, HBOgo don't work and no support through browser either! Totally defeats the purpose. $SC20110830-081625.jpg

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Welcome to the forum nicpappag, sorry to hear you're having problems with your tablet. Hopefully, someone here will be able to help you.

Jan 2, 2012
seems most of the print apps are associated with Google Cloud Print, which requires a PC running Chrome and a printer connected to the PC to work for most printers. I have a wireless CanonPixma MG5220, its not physically connected to a PC but is on a wireless network with several PCs, will Google Cloud Printing work, and will my tablet be able to print via Google Cloud Print ? Or does the printer have to be physically connectedto the Chrome PC?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Use the canon application specifically for those printers. that is what I use. canon easy photo print

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

filipovic_d

Dec 25, 2011
There are several apps on the market for wireless connection to a printer. I dont know the names of anyone, but im pretty sure i`ve scrolled across someone. Just try google it.

And for your e-mail with no pictures problem, try downloading the adobe flash on the market.. its free..

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
PrintBot has quite a few printer drivers in one app and it is free. I did not see yours specifically, but there is a Pixima iP 5200 series. That may be it, but not sure.

As far as cloud print and Chrome, the printers do not have to be physically connected to said computer. Just installed. I have 3 printers in my house, my personal HP Photo Printer via Wireless, a large format 11x17 printer for work via LAN and a Brother MFC printer via LAN. I can print to any of these three using Cloud Print.