Screen unresponsive after changing battery

llanita

Nov 8, 2015
Hi,
I had to finally change my battery last night, (it was a pita) and when I powered it up, the screen was unresponsive. I tried to power down, but even though the screen goes black, within seconds you can hear the vibration and then the start up screen.

The screen remains unresponsive.

I opened the tablet up again, rechecked to make sure all 4 connections were ok, which they were, and I closed it back up and it's still unresponsive. Notifications are still coming in, the screen still rotates, but no response to touch.
I would really like someone to help me out because I don't know what to do now

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

There are 2 components to the screen, the glass portion and the digitizer. It's the digitizer that provides touch capabilities. I'm guessing that if it worked prior to replacing the battery you have a cable not fully seated or it got damaged. They are quite fragile.

llanita

Nov 8, 2015
Which is the digitizer cable? there were three, two on the left side side by side and the third one on the right.

Also, if it is the digitizer and not just that's it not properly connected, is it possible to replace?
Thanks

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I don't have an answer for your specific tablet On some tablets the glass and digitizer appear to be the same but may or may not be.

llanita

Nov 8, 2015
ok thanks very much
I forgot to mention it's a Google Nexus 10, sorry