setting CPU speed

tony333

Nov 27, 2010
Hi
I have 8GB Archos 101.How can i set CPU speed to 1 GHz , i read here somewhere on the forumn that its possible? Does it require rooting .?
Also i want to know how can i install themes??can anyone explain in detail how this works?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Mind you, I am speaking from the current Firmware. There were some earlier versions which did not offer this.
Click Settings
Scroll Down to About device
Click Power Management
Choose Overdrive.
And away you go

tony333

Nov 27, 2010
thanks, i did saw that option but wasn't sure ...Does that cause draining my battery more quickly if i choose this overdrive option??
And what about themes?? do i need adw launcher or go launcher ex?? i tried searching for go launcher but its not in Market?? any ideas?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
It has barely affected my battery life use, But It did make it more usable. I do not know why this is not the default. I use mine for mixed use. If you want to have a true lightweight launcher, Use Zeam. I have used ADW. but it takes you a bit to get used to it. I alternate between Zeam and Default launcher. I had to run the Market fix, two times before I saw all of the apps. And I may still be missing some. I have found the one I was looking for though.

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
I used Adw for a while but there was a constant issue between landscape and portrait mode. I have since been using zeam and I like it a lot. I think the default on the archos is landscape, and adws default is portrait, and it caused a conflict on rebooting, I had to restart the launcher every time I rebooted, then it was fine in portrait mode only.

With zeam I've been in landscape all the time no problemsn

Sent from my A70H using Android Tablet Forum

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
I have six launcher @ the moment on my ElocityA7..
Launcher factory one,
ADWLauncher EX
HeLauncher
Launcher Pro
VTL Launcher
Zeam Launcher
my favorite is VTL..I use home swither for Froyo if i want to change Launcher.
link to switcher.
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?534g8vjhdil09qx