Shoping for a tablet need your help !

Oct 6, 2010
I recently decide my ipod nano 8gb wasn't big enough for me any more. I was hoping you guys could help me out. my budget is 200 max hopefully around 180. what im looking for in a tablet is wide variety of apps and at least 32gb. i was hoping you guys could steer me in the right directions. im not sure what rock chip is and whether any of these tablets on eBay are worth it. so please if you have any advice please share. thanks for your time

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
Almost none of the tablets have a decent internal memory but all of them can be extended using microSD. Herotab released three new tablets with Android 2.1 (99% of the android apps run well on android 2.1). They have 2 or 4GB of internal memory +a microSD card slot. You can read about these tablets and a small comparison between different shanzai tablets on http://sf-zone.net/android_tablets

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
If you come from iPod, you'll be disappointed with the resistive touch screens most low end tablets come with. Wait for tablets with capacitive screens to come down to your price range. It may sound like a small issue, but the difference between touching the screen and actually having to press on it is really making a whole world of difference.

lololo

Oct 6, 2010
I recently decide my ipod nano 8gb wasn't big enough for me any more. I was hoping you guys could help me out. my budget is 200 max hopefully around 180. what im looking for in a tablet is wide variety of apps and at least 32gb. i was hoping you guys could steer me in the right directions. im not sure what rock chip is and whether any of these tablets on eBay are worth it. so please if you have any advice please share. thanks for your time

32GB 157.7 Android 2.1

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Honestly, I would avoid E-Bay unless you know the seller. The problem is also many sites are merely fronts for Dropshipping from China manufacturers. There are reputable sites. There are reputable sellers. The issue right now is also the more popular models which are having delivery problems.
Pazanti and ZilverZurfarn are on the mark on their recommendations The core issues you should be aware.
1. Any tablet which is 7 in or smaller, the sweet spot for pricing is in the 200-300 range for good support and quality. Less than 200USD will provide an experience described by Gadgetrants in his comment on this thread
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...are-pandigital-kohls-150-friday-saturday.html
Week 1: WHAT THE *&^%?!?!?!? This thing is a POS. It takes me 10 swipes to do anything! The calibration is way off. There are dead spots. I need to take this back.
Week 2: OK...I guess it's usable. *deep breath* Repeat to self: "It only cost $140...It only cost $140..." Must...wait...for...10"...tablet...
Week 3: Hey, this thing is not so bad. It actually works OK. You just have to calibrate your touches (more pressure than iPhone) and it works.
Week 4: Oh...gee... *sigh* This whole "calibrated touch" thing is getting a little old. My iPhone is SO MUCH easier to use. I wish it had a capacitive screen...

2. The Sweet Spot for 10 inch tablets which offer decent support is closer to $300-500USD This includes the not yet released Archos 101.
The low end will all be resistive, the closer to $500 the more likely for capacitive like an IPad.

3. The majority of all Android tablets have less than 512Mb RAM, less than 4Gb internal storage and depend upon MicroSD or UDisk storage for extended storage.

But there is hope, The Christmas sales will bring more and diverse models. But the better units will likely not be commonly available until after January 2011

But that is just my opinion and prediction