Should I buy this?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Just as a comparison for the Same thing
Herotab X5A Multitouch Gsensor 800Mhz Android 2.1 1080P HDMI/USB+free case
I have the non G sensor version. It is a good solid unit. There are improvements from mine with this tablet. And I know things can be more expensive in the UK. My only bother is the shipping and handling. I think if there is a lower price to ship it internal to say Cornwall or Chichester,then it is a good price within reason.

What I have discovered with many an E-Bay Android Tablet sale is the price and the shipping equal out. As an example, I have seen two identical tablets. One is offered with free shipping and the other is with a 20 Euro shipping charge. But if you compared the total for both, they are identical in price.

Bottom line, Look at the review of the E-Bay vendor performance. If there are recent number of complaints, that is more indicative of problems, than complaints a year ago. So I say, if you think the vendor is trustworthy and accept the up charge for the UK, then it is a good deal.

jacksback

Sep 27, 2010
Hi
Thanks for your reply,, the seller seems ok and no one appears to be complaining about the unit.. Its only for my 12year old who just wants to connect to the internet wirelessly for youtube and such.. Don't know whether a £70 unit would do,, but these seem to get a lot of complaints so I thought this one would be better... Don't really want to order from a site I don't know even though the price works out about the same.

Had to google your location to see where you were lol

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I think it will work well for a 12 yr old. Only word of advice, Do not let him remove the case. (It is screwed on) It will save him from grief as we all know how the Clumsies hit a son or daughter without notice.
The built-in YouTube app on mine works quite well. The Beeb Player will work well for him as well.

I lived in Chesterfield for five years, years ago. So reasonably familiar with the joys of Britain.

LS650

Nov 11, 2010
When buying from an eBay seller, always check out the reputation. Always!
This particular seller looks decent:
Member ID 3c-uk ( Feedback score of 2342) 99.7% Positive feedback
Well over 2000 sales and almost all are positive.

Telechips 800MHz processor, 256 MB RAM... seems decent to me. The posting claims the item is located in the UK.
Before bidding, I would email the seller and confirm that the item is indeed in the UK and is shipped locally, rather than drop-shipping from China.