Smartbook Surfer problem after update

CrzyHorse

Dec 30, 2010
Hi all, I've just bought a smartbook surfer.
I've downloaded latest firmware from smartbook site and tried to update. All seems ok, but after reset the tablet takes really too long to start up, about 7-8 minutes. Before update, it tooked under 1 minute. When starting up, I can see a strange animal logo on top left corner, different from android logo it showed before updating. Tried to update several times with all version on smartbook surfer site with no success.
Moreover, I cannot select language on reboot, only german is present. Any suggestions?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
well the first time after an update devices are always slow but after you reboot it a couple time does it start up faster? and you should be able to go into setting - languages and change the language from there

CrzyHorse

Dec 30, 2010
Even after many reboot start up is too slow! I discovered the the firmware I downloaded was not the latest released. On this site there is another version, but I can't install it as at the moment I have no sd card (the one from my nokia phone is not recognized).
About language, at startup, clicking on the right-bottom corner htere is no other language outside german. I was able to translate to english adding custom locale.

hd01lza

May 5, 2011
Hey, first of all sorry for my english
I have same problem , after update it start too slow ...if you know what is it please tell me!
For other language you must go to 'Custom Locale' and add "en_EN" and then click "add and select",

Regards

CrzyHorse

Dec 30, 2010
Hi,
I solved flashing Imito 1.2 firmware update (boot.img too even if a lot of people reported it as not working), which worked very well, fast and stable. Only problem I noted, it cannot decode Ac3 audio tracks in video files.
Hope this helped you.

hd01lza

May 5, 2011
my device starts to slow , :( very slow and i don`t know why , I try a lot of firmware ex: gentouch, dawa, smartbook 30.08, but it don`t work so good ! Can someone help me with this problem?
Thank You!