So what the HECK IS THIS ??????????????

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
http://www.pandigital.net/android

This was sent to all the Pandigital owners... but NOTHING was sent to the NC owners ???? Did they get the UPDATE market first ?

Barnes & Noble and Pandigital are proud to announce the addition of ANDROID ™ Media Tablet Functionality to the Pandigital Novel family of Color Multimedia eReaders.

In addition to the new and improved User Interface, you'll be able to enjoy these powerful features:

•An intuitive eReader application with instant access to premium books, magazines and newspapers. •Easy access to additional ANDROID™ Apps. •Increased productivity with Office Suite reader and the ability to open documents, spreadsheets, presentations and more.

Last edited:

dangerousdee

Jan 19, 2011
No they didn't get the upgrade first. It's an update to the Pandigital ebook reader, that is a collaboration between B&N and Pandigital. It gives them what we already have more or less. Vastly improving the Pandigital device which really needed some help to improve it. Totally unrelated to the NC and it's upgrades/updates.

WillysJeepMan

Jan 5, 2011
Pandigital released that update weeks ago and is already widely in use by those who follow the PDN-related forums. It's just that Pandigital is just getting around to emailing their customers. The update "unlocks" the WPDN to have a more native Android-like appearance rather than the ebook reader UI that previously shipped.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I got rid of my WPDN for the NC months ago..It was a lot of fun, but not nearly as capable as the NC. I must say, that update impressed me, though. I almost wish I had kept it around in addition to my NC.