[SOLVED] AsUs Memopad ME176CX

cekicha

Jun 29, 2015
Hi, i am verry sorry my english is very poor. I have asus memopad me176cx and after i bye it i have an update after the update my tablet stop working properly google magazine gives many crashes , the notification bar dont want to stay doun when i pull it and heats verry much i cant go to recovery mode. Please Help!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Go into the settings, and do a factory reset. (If you can, move anything you don't want to lose off the tablet first. A factory reset will delete everything and reload the system.)

cekicha

Jun 29, 2015
Ok i do it. But when it start agen make the same things no change. The version of the android is 4.4.2. If i have some way to update it to lollypop ???

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Ok i do it. But when it start agen make the same things no change. The version of the android is 4.4.2. If i have some way to update it to lollypop ???
A lot depends on your Country. This page has the WW Lollipop for the Memo 176CX but for it to work you must also have the same ww version https://www.asus.com/support/Download/28/6/0/23/3HzHuNmdcAgeMhJ1/32/

If it won't work for you you would need to root and possibly also unlock your Memo and find a version of Lollipop, (a ROM), that will work.

northpaw

May 21, 2015
I recently bought a ME176XCX too, and I also went through the update process, and just like your experience, it was strange in that there were 4 or 5 system updates that did not seem to change the level from 4.4.2. I also thought something was wrong or not working correctly.

In frustration, I loaded the same update that leeshor provides a link to onto a microSD card and mounted it in the tablet with the intent of updating off that, but when the next update started, it accessed the normal update channel on the web, and updated to Lollipop that way.

If my experience applies to you, you will not have to root your tablet (I didn't).

So my suggestion is to keep trying the updates that the tablet finds itself, even if it seems repetative. It may be worthwhile to note that the "details" of the build numbers are different after each update, even if it does not change the 4.4.2 number. It must be that the updates need to be installed sequentially (there is no "combo updater"), and only after doing several pending ones, will it update to Lollipop. I also think it might be necessary to give the tablet 10-15 min or so between updates so that it has a chance to update other things before progressing onto the next system update -- that is, wait 10-15 min after each update before tapping on the "system update" key. It may be that this the cause of the crashes you experienced.

Good luck.

cekicha

Jun 29, 2015
Leeshor thank you so much this is the solution for me. I download it and plug sdcard in tablet it says that software is detectet, i install it and now everything is ok. THANK YOU.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Leeshor thank you so much this is the solution for me. I download it and plug sdcard in tablet it says that software is detectet, i install it and now everything is ok. THANK YOU.
So happy to hear that!