[Solved] galaxy tab S and ms exchange

wjlbass

Oct 28, 2014
Hello
Just picked up my Galaxy S 8.4 and its great, however when using the built in Samsung app to use MS exchange activesync, I get an error message that says Authentication Failed.

strangely, I have this working on my galaxy s3 phone with the exact same login /connections details and it works just fine...

any ideas would be appreciated

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Does one have a particular type of security and the other one something different like a PIN vs a pattern? This is for the tablet, not the app.

wjlbass

Oct 28, 2014
I put in the exact same credential / server name / password, etc etc. One works, the other doesn't.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I don't think you understood me question. Most corporate Exchange servers require a particular type of security on the tablet itself. What I was asking is if the phone and tablet both use the same security to power up. This has nothing to do with the credentials you input for the Exchange account.

wjlbass

Oct 28, 2014
mystery solved: incorrect password --
the symbols above the number keys on the Samsung keyboard are different from the symbols above the number keys on the PC keyboard! in other words, shift+1 is "!" on a pc, but shift+1 on the Samsung keyboard is "-"