Solved Le Pan connected to HID based input bluetooth KB Matias Folding Keyboard FK305

fractalray

Apr 11, 2012
Le Pan 2.2 (2.6.32.9-4431 build):
I bought a folding keyboard Matias FK305 but found that it was unable to connect to the Le Pan.
I put the keyboard away and forgot about it.
Today I stumbled on a hint at another site I thought might work so I pulled out my KB and tried it. It works fine now.
I'm writing this to pass it along to others as I think it could work for other tablet/android Bluetooth Keyboard combinations.

The problem was the KB was not properly paired with the tablet. They both must share the same number for encryption.
As to how to do this... well the instruction book that came with the KB is essentially useless except for page 15.
( it's window centric :)

With both units turn on starting the KB "pairing button", I next did a "scan for devices" in the Le Pan bluetooth setting.
A number of devices were found including the KB.
"Matias Folding Keyboard"
"pair with the device".

Selecting this pairing caused a popup window requesting a password "number". After entering this number and pressing
< OK > the step that was missing is to enter the same number on the KB keys and press the < enter > key.

The "Matias Folding Keyboard" now says "Connected to HID based input" It seems that this keyboard is not a serial
bluetooth as some forums have stated it must to work. I use "Null Keyboard" version 2.3.2 turned on in Language &
keyboard settings to block the annoying popup of android KB while using the bluetooth KB.

Hope this helps, good luck to all. fractalray

tritonx

Jan 16, 2012
Thanks for the key piece of information that I would never have figured out (since it wasn't mentioned in the directions of my bt keyboard.) Worked like a charm. Unfortunately, the keyboard is too small, so despite success in pairing, will have to go back. (An Iogear GKB601B).
[h=3][/h]

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I must be mising something here. When I pair my keyboard the window pops up to enter a code on the keyboard and then press enter. There is never n oportunity to enter this code on the tablet. I would assume the tablet knows the code already as it was generated by the tablet during the pairing process.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I must be mising something here. When I pair my keyboard the window pops up to enter a code on the keyboard and then press enter. There is never n oportunity to enter this code on the tablet. I would assume the tablet knows the code already as it was generated by the tablet during the pairing process.

Depends on the keyboard. Apple in particular are know to pair this way.