Bluetooth mouse & keyboard?

Gh05tly

Dec 15, 2010
First I must say that no Apple peripherals are likely to work on this. What you need is a standard Bluetooth Mouse and Standard Mini Bluetooth Keyboard. First, pair the devices. Then do a long press on each device and a menu will pop up. Choose options, then use as HID device. Both boxes should be checked. You may have to disconnect and reconnect the device. Sometimes a reboot is necessary but not likely. Good luck and please post your results along with what model number keyboard or mouse you pair.

dave_t

Dec 2, 2010
AT&T GT: Apple's keyboard connects and works well (MC184LL/A). Their Magic Mouse connects but will not scroll. Microoft's BT Notebook Mouse 5000 connects and works well. Since they are not Android specific they both have limitations but nothing serious IMO. I have not used my laptop since connecting them. Now if I could just find a wireless printing app that worked well........

ChauD

Dec 25, 2010
I agree with post. I just purchased a Galaxy Tablet. I love the device, but I am unable to get my Mac bt keyboard, or any of my wireless ( magic mouse, Logitec, or Microsoft BT mouse ) to work. They show up as paired, but non work. I thought perhaps i needed a third party app, but after downloading 4 apps, none of which worked, still at the same place... bt is not working on this device. If i am not able to get this to work the item will be returned back to BestBuy.. any help would be appreciated.

I believe the Verizon (and maybe Sprint also) blocks many of the Tab capabilities. That is why they don't even have the Sim card on their Tab. I got my Tab from T-mobile and it includes a Sim card. I hate Verizon. Their phones got removed of many features so that you have to buy them back from their Get It Now ripoff. I will switch to a different provider when my contract ends in six moths.

dave_t

Dec 2, 2010
Update-printing from Galaxy Tab: Since my Epson printer is a piece of.... and the printing apps for Android are near useless, I bought an "HP ENVY 100 e-All-in-One--D410a" printer. It is wireless and has it's own email address, therefore it can print anything emailed to it (theoretically). I have not set it up yet, tomorrow I should have time and I will write about how it works afterward.

CodeRedEd

Nov 30, 2010
Has anyone tried the Brando Bluetooth keyboard case with either a Sprint or Verizon Tab? For $60 the case looks great, but if they don't supply their own drivers I don't think it will work for those of us with the CDMA units. Here's a link to what I'm talking about.
shop.brando.com

qman777

Jan 17, 2011
Does rooting the Verizon Galaxy tablet help to unlock the bluetooth capabilities? Has anyone tried?

Kotoszoo

Feb 21, 2011
Well, we've spent the last few hours on the phone with first Samsung 'Advanced Technical Support' and then Sprint and finally received confirmation from 'Mark' at Sprint that they did indeed disable the BT HID for keyboards and mice on the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Now, my GT was advertised by Sprint (and still is I might add) as having 'Bluetooth Wireless' capability. The GT even has a Bluetooth icon and allows pairing but not connecting with BT devices. The fact that the product was advertised as having a feature that is not functional is in direct violation with the two year contract that Sprint required when I purchased my Tab in December 2010.
I've purchased the brando.com GT Case w/BT keyboard that now has no hope of working on my Sprint device. Is the BT HID the kind of thing that can be 'worked around'? Meaning, if Sprint disabled it can it be enabled again? Or is it an actual piece of hardware that they removed? Is there some slick code, driver or software that I can get to re-enable the BT HID? I have a rooted Palm Pre, can I root the GT? Will that help?

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Well before you get all class action lawsuit on Sprint and while I feel your pain, you unfortunately have no case against Sprint. First off, bluetooth capability works just fine for file transfers and for connecting with BT audio headsets. Also, headset remote control functions (ff, rev, pause) of multi-media apps are not crippled [I know because I am using them on a regular basis] so that covers the BT wireless capability clause. While it does appear that Sprint (and Verizon for that matter) has disabled some BT HID functionality, there are some BT keyboards (such as the Freedom Pro Universal Keyboard which provides drivers that do seem to work with the Sprint Tab - though other funky behavior occurs like disapperaring virtual keyboard functionality in some apps). Note that the Freedom Pro keyboard is actually being sold as a BT compatible accessory ON THE SPRINT SITE! Also, I have had success with a 3rd party [PAID] app called BlueInput [available on marketplace] on another android tab and this app may restore BT HID functionality on the Sprint Galaxy tab (I will experiment with this app later and report back). Finally, you have a non-BT option, namely the Galaxy full size keyboard dock. Drawbacks are cost, doesn't allow the tab to be docked in landscape mode, and its not exactly compact for convenient portability. Not the best of news but also not exactly a dead end story either. Good luck.

Last edited:

avdiralago

Dec 5, 2010
I have an android 2.1 and a cpu lnx code 11 1ghz an apacer lazer mini mouse with bluetooth connection work perfect.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I have an android 2.1 and a cpu lnx code 11 1ghz an apacer lazer mini mouse with bluetooth connection work perfect.

Thanks, I guess - but not sure what that has to do with the Sprint Galaxy tab BT keyboard problem we're discussing.

Sent from my SPH-P100

conchchowder

Mar 19, 2011
News has it that the Sprint OTA update coming on July 5th (as has been reported) will have GB 2.3 AND Bluetooth HID. Hopefully this update will be cross-carrier.