Bluetooth mouse & keyboard?

specmac

Oct 19, 2010
Hmm, your comment about it working on Euro versions was the first I heard of this. So I started searching some of the other forums. There is at least one user on the XAD forum who claims to have BT keyboard, mouse and speaker phone all working on a US T-mo Tab.

Anyway, glad you got your refund. You'll probably be happy you did when the TegraII and Honeycomb tablets come out in the spring.

brettlingle

Nov 21, 2010
Hmm, your comment about it working on Euro versions was the first I heard of this. So I started searching some of the other forums. There is at least one user on the XAD forum who claims to have BT keyboard, mouse and speaker phone all working on a US T-mo Tab.

Anyway, glad you got your refund. You'll probably be happy you did when the TegraII and Honeycomb tablets come out in the spring.

Or the ipad 2 lol!

eolake

Nov 26, 2010
Hi guys,
I'm in the UK and recently got a Galaxy Tab. I'm happy to report I can use it directly without any SIM card.

I haven't been able to get it to recognize any bt keyboard though, which is a fly in the ointment. I love both my iPhone4 and my iPad, but the GT is just the right size for café writing.

eolake

Nov 26, 2010
SUCCESS!

While I've not yet got it to work with Apple Wireless Keyboard, I *did* just now get it to work with my Think Outside foldable keyboard. Lovely, hardly gets more compact, and I can even touch-type on it. (They are expensive though, I think they're out of production.)

Nov 28, 2010
I have been using a Bluetooth keyboard on My AT&T Galaxy Tab sine I got the unit. I didnt have to do anything special, it just works. It is a Microsoft Bluetooth mobile keyboard 6000.

eolake

Nov 26, 2010
Thank you very much.

BTW, does anybody know any modern replacement for the wonderful compact/lightweight (perhaps foldable) bluetooth keyboards which all seem to be not produced anymore? With the new tablets coming, one should think it would be a gold rush to make such things??

eolake

Nov 26, 2010
Thank you very much.
I'll look.

For the desktop I have already found my ideal keyboards. For Mac, the Tactile Pro, and for PC, the Unicomp.

jeff

Nov 15, 2010
Summary:
From what I've gathered from questions & answers from this and other message boards, the Bluetooth HID (human input device) profile has been disabled ONLY on the Verizon models of the Tab. It seems to work fine with the T-Mobile model (verified by someone else), the Sprint model (semi-verified by me), and other non-US models. Aren't we Verizon customers a lucky lot? :mad:

dave_t

Dec 2, 2010
I did not realize this was an issue until this morning. My AT&T GT will be delivered today, I guess I dodged a bullet since I am considering replacing my laptop with the Tab if all goes well.

eolake

Nov 26, 2010
Let us know how it goes.

I have long been interested in how it would go for people who replace their laptop with a tablet. If it goes well, I invite you to write a couple of paragraphs about it for my blog. (It might be eReader.com or eolake.blogspot.com.)

CodeRedEd

Nov 30, 2010
I can't get my Sprint Galaxy Tab to connect to a bluetooth keyboard or mouse. It pairs up but never connects. I've tried the following keyboards and mice.

Dell Axim X50/X51 keyboard model XTBT01

Rocketfish keyboard RF-BTKB2

Rocketfish mouse RF-BTMSE2

specmac

Oct 19, 2010
I can't get my Sprint Galaxy Tab to connect to a bluetooth keyboard or mouse. It pairs up but never connects. I've tried the following keyboards and mice.

Dell Axim X50/X51 keyboard model XTBT01

Rocketfish keyboard RF-BTKB2

Rocketfish mouse RF-BTMSE2

Which carrier are you with? It appears the Verizon Tabs are the only ones that don't work.

dave_t

Dec 2, 2010
Let us know how it goes.

I have long been interested in how it would go for people who replace their laptop with a tablet. If it goes well, I invite you to write a couple of paragraphs about it for my blog. (It might be eReader.com or eolake.blogspot.com.)

Sorry for the delay-currently I have the Apple BT keyboard working, as well as, my Motorola BT headphones. I am experimenting with 2 different WiFi printer apps from the market that do actually print to my Epson Stylus NX510. The problem is that neither one of them covers the field of usual needs for printing, more work/work arounds to try. Today I purchased an Apple Magic Mouse and it is paired but not actually working yet. One thing that occurs to me is that android (as far as I know) has no native pointer/arrow software so maybe that's the problem? Trials continue when I have time.
Dave