[SOLVED] WiFi Connection, But No Internet...

Pathex

Dec 18, 2016
Guys !!! Found solution...
Just change your time and date settings to current date . This problem genrally occurs due to wrong date and time settings..

In my case I did a factory reset of my Galaxy Tab S, It starts the initial setup, it can connect to the Wifi, contenius it's initial setup but there is no option during this period for me to change the date. It keeps saying that It has no internet connection.

Here's a video showing what I'm taking talking about:

Last edited:

mpape

Oct 11, 2016
Thanks to everyone who sent me suggestions for a fix but I ended up having to call my internet provider for a simple and quick fix. It has to do with my router and modem. All is good now. :)

ChrisB86

Feb 28, 2017
I have tried everything in this thread, including checking and changing the time and date, looking for software updates, turning my router off and on, re-entering my router password on the modify connection screen, changing the IP address to another one (seen on another forum) and still my (admittedly old) Samsung galaxy 3 tablet wont open any apps or websites despite being fully connected to my home wifi. My phone and laptop and my gf's devises are all connected and working fine, so it isn't my router which is the problem. It was working on other wifis yesterday but not my own one! A similar thing happened about 3 days ago too. Then it said that I needed to re-enter my google account password so updates could happen, this time there are seemingly no updates needed.

Anyone please got any idea what I can do to get it to work again on my home wifi?! Btw, I am useless at technology so any tips may need to be spelled out a bit to me, sorry! :/

mawi

Apr 17, 2017
Guys !!! Found solution...
Just change your time and date settings to current date . This problem genrally occurs due to wrong date and time settings..

Yes, this solved it. Who would've thought, that the date & time was the issue!

Thanks alot!

GordHarding

Nov 21, 2017
I was asked by a neighbour to help with his Galaxy Tab 3 connection issue. The tab is connecting to the wi-fi but cannot access the internet. Just like many here. I brought it back to my condo to compare it with my tab 3. Both were able to connect to the internet on my router. I took both back to his condo and neither was able to connect.

I checked the IPs and they were different so DCHP was working.
Both routers are using the same security protocol, WPA2 PSK.
He did not have connection issues until a few weeks ago.
I did not reboot his router and modem since the power was out in our building this morning. (The problem predated the power outage.)
Time and date are correct on both tablets.
Other equipment phone, laptop etc. all work on his network.

If I reboot his system, which has a router and modem, is there an order to do it in?

Any other ideas?

UFIT

Feb 2, 2018
Were you able to find a solution? I’ve tried everything on here and still no luck.
Mine is a Samsung Galaxy 2 10.0 that I haven’t used since 2013
After spending an hour trying to remember my password I finally got it open and now can’t use it :(