Some questions...deciding to purchase a Nook Color

UnderDogX

Jan 22, 2011
Ok, so I stumbled onto this site when trying to find a few answers to some questions I had about the Nook Color.

My backstory is simple and short, I'm interested in an E-reader and after some research have decided that the nook color is probably the best choice for me...however, I do have some hesitations: 1)I have a slew of DRM free epub books that I want to load and am very picky so I want them, after I put them on the Nook Color, to appear in my library so I don't have to do the whole "my files, searching thing" Is this possible? And if so, is it easy to have this done? Also does this mean these books will show up on the home screen as I've seen in all the demos with regular books purchased from B&N? 2) I'm a big comic book fan and to my understanding there is no .cbr or .cbz reader with the Nook but I can use Jomic to convert those files to PDF files and read them that way....am I correct in this research? Also can these PDF files appear as regular books in my library and on the home screen as I would like my side loaded books to be as well? And if so will these PDF files be able to show a "cover" or will they appear as a generic "image not shown" box?

A little side note, I don't plan to root it....if I do change my mind I understand how easy it is and everything but my main questions are if I can do this right out of the box without rooting it....

Thanks in advance for any help...I know I could probably just side load my own books and PDF comics and have them all in the my files section but I would like to be able to have them in my library like they are just ordinary books I would've gotten from the B&N store....just a little quirk of mine :)

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Before I rooted my Nook, I was looking for a way to do the very same thing, and couldn't really find a way to accomplish what you are wanting to do...everything that I sideloaded or got off google books showed up in My Files, not just the library..I believe B&N wants to reserve the 'library' space for what you purchase from them and make you push a couple extra buttons to get to 'your' content.

UnderDogX

Jan 22, 2011
Thanks for the reply...After searching around this site for a while I did notice this thread...
(How-to) Move Books to the Internal Library (rooted or non-rooted)

So I think using Calibre or mounting it might satisfy what I need...I'm guessing I could do this the same way with PDFs...if not the PDF thing doesn't bother me as much but right now I have Aldiko on my Droid and have my books nice and organized, all epubs with book cover art and everything so hopefully I'd be able to have the same on my Nook Color...