sons tablet keeps rebooting, then pops up come up saying" unfortunately Google player has stopped"

Hockeymomto2boys

Nov 11, 2014
image.jpg
As what I said in the title but keeps popping up all different apps that has stopped such as launcher and anything to do withGoogle etc. all you can do is keep pushing ok. Any suggestions?
See picture below

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Have you attempted to perform a factory reset in your device's recovery? Since you don't mention what device you have, it's hard to give explicit instructions, but in general, holding down the power button and another key or two will take you into the recovery section for the device. From there, you can use volume buttons, if you have them, to navigate to the factory reset option.

Since your tablet is stuck with the process error, getting to the factory reset option in the settings menu is going to be difficult if not impossible, which is why I recommended going through recovery.

Hockeymomto2boys

Nov 11, 2014
Thank you for the response. I didn't mention what type as I don't know, it was bought as a gift. If I get into the factory reset does he lose everything on his tablet. I know some apps will be in google store but does he lose levels, coins etc and everything he purchased etc.
thanks for your support.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
He'll lose everything on the factory reset. All achievements and in app purchases he has will be lost if the game does not store them in the cloud or Google does not back the data up.

Jeffrey

Super Moderator
Jul 27, 2014
You may want to try going to setting> Google Services and clear Data, clear Cache and reboot your device. Let us know if that clears your issue.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Hockeymomto2, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Jeffrey, the problem with that is, unless I misunderstood the OP's problem, the error continuously appears. Tap OK and the error reappears a second later. This makes it difficult (to say the least) to use.