Source Code

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
jeremy@ubuntu:~/Downloads/android-linux-2.6.32.9-union-release$ sudo make
[sudo] password for jeremy:
make: /home/jeremy/Downloads/android-ndk-r4/build/prebuilt/linux-x86/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi-: Command not found
CHK include/linux/version.h
make[1]: `include/asm-arm/mach-types.h' is up to date.
CHK include/linux/utsrelease.h
SYMLINK include/asm -> include/asm-arm
CC kernel/bounds.s
/bin/sh: /home/jeremy/Downloads/android-ndk-r4/build/prebuilt/linux-x86/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin/arm-eabi-: not found
make[1]: *** [kernel/bounds.s] Error 127
make: *** [prepare0] Error 2

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
/home/jeremy/Downloads/android-ndk-r4/build/prebuilt/linux-x86/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin

Here is my path.

*edit* I found my problem, one extra space after the "arm-eabi-"
so it looked like this "army-eabi- "

I have a tri-core 2.8ghz with 6gb of RAM, so it shouldn't take long to build. Or not...its just mainly using one core.

Last edited:

jb2kred

Jul 3, 2011
Glad that helps i'm going to try and git the android source over weekend and compile that and see if i can get that running on my tablet

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Yeah I'll be doing that probably tonight as well. I would love for us to get a strip down bare version of Android on our tablets that lets us overclock the CPU and lets us turn down the backlight, which is what I think burns through the battery.

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
Woo Hoo! did I mention Woo Hoo? lol. I think that the telephone and blue tooth functions were the biggest suckers of power. I have a bare boot. ie. I have deleted everything I can and it still boots and I run a boot manager that doesn't let anything run at boot that I don't tell it to and I get crazy batt time. It being payday today I was running around with my wife and had my Tab with me. I watched the FULL Arsenic and Old Lace movie, played Coins vs Zombies for 20 mins AND was on the free Wifi @ a mobile phone store to check my email and this forum and watched maybe 4 videos on Youtube. This was all with breaks when I had to drive, but I still have 15% batt power according to my Batt widget. I really am at the point where the only thing I am really concerned with is the fact that Android wants to run the video player and and Market and Gmail and Go!ChatPro and appstore and litterly everything I have installed with the only exception being GAMES? If we can fix that in a custom ROM I will have won.
When I kill everything with Advanced Task Killer I get 92 megs free.

Last edited:

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
heheh... listen to 'em. Like a kid with the golden ticket.

I gotta say, really the only thing I wish we could do with this is get GPS working on it, and maybe whatever is needed for netflix and hulu. Other than that, I'm pretty pleased enough with the tab that I'd consider buying a second one.

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
I'm building an android image right now, and will try flashing it after i flash the new zImage I made.

Did a "make -j3" so hopefully it shouldn't take too long, its been going for 12 minutes now.

Its currently using 100% of all three cores of my AMD Phenom II 720BE, and 1gb of RAM.

It took 50 minutes to compile.

Last edited:

jb2kred

Jul 3, 2011
i've managed to build in image and have tried flashing it but no luck running it yet must of missed some options will try again today

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Well I burnt
zImage
system.img
userdata.img
ramdisk.img

and its stuck on the animated screen, i'll give it half an hour

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Well I burnt
zImage
system.img
userdata.img
ramdisk.img

and its stuck on the animated screen, i'll give it half an hour
Mixing and matching potentially means bricking, be careful! Let us know what combinations are in your recipe.

U0 version
Ramdisk - custom or from which .ius ?
Kernel - custom zImage or uImage from which .ius?
Userdata - from which .ius?
System - custom or from which .ius?

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
The ramdisk, userdata, and system were built from the android 2.2 source code.
The zIamge was from the source code we were provided. The device does boot! BUT it doesn't go past the animated Sylvania image, so I am sure I can restore from one of our IUS files.