Start-up programs ...

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
Is there a way to edit the automatic Start Up program list?

There are a few programs that are set to launch upon startup that I would rather not have load automatically. I don't want to delete the programs, I just don't want them running right away.

Thanks!

Pam

S7, not rooted, no mods ... just as is out of the box!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Which programs do you mean, and why?

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
Twitroyd, for one, which theoretically I'll never use anyway.
Email - occassional use only. This is a gift for my son, which I might steal every now and again.
Messaging - no need
Settings - can pull up as necessary.
Photoshop - occassional use only.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
check this post with another link inside!

also read around there are many different ways to accomplish this, when i get a virgin rom cooked up, ill come find ya :p

I don't actually want to remove the apps I've listed (except possibly Twidroid) ... I just don't want them to load automatically upon startup. Say, for example, photoshop ... I want that program to review/edit pictures after a hockey or soccer game that my kids have played in (pics that I've taken on another camera and installed via memory card) ... but if I just want to start up the device to play Angry Birds, Photoshop doesn't need to be running in the background as well.

If I can reduce the number of programs that load upon booting up the device ... maybe the boot time will be reduced?