Steps to Get WiFi Connected If Having Problems

Deebo1911

Oct 15, 2012
I should explain im new at this and I purchaesed the Kocaso 10.1 worked fine first month then issues from keyboard batt life to wifi. It also appears to never need any updates

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I should explain im new at this and I purchaesed the Kocaso 10.1 worked fine first month then issues from keyboard batt life to wifi. It also appears to never need any updates

You may want to consider a replacement for a real tablet. ;);)

karbar32

Jul 9, 2012
Some observations on my Acer 500...
I too have have internet connectivity issues and I thnk I have discovered a possible reason for it. I run into having to reboot the router in order for the tablet to detect it mostly after recharging.
When I plug in the charger at night (if the tablet is in sleep mode when plugging in), the next day when unplugging and clicking the power button to wake it is when it doesn't connect to the router. When starting a recharge with the tablet on and not in sleep mode, there are no connection problems after charging. Turning off the tablet completely, and recharging overnight, the tablet connects to the router! :confused:

I can't say with absolute certainty that this works each time-I only just came to this theory yesterday after turning the power on after an overnight charging. But I will continue observing it's behavior to see if this repeats itself to see if this might be the cause/solution.

(I read a thread here that turning off the tablet's power wasn't really necessary, so I stopped, and I think, that's when this absent wifi connection began happening)

Edit Nov 6
Not allowing the tablet to go to sleep and plugging in the charging cord, leaving it overnight. When waking from SM, the connection held. No router reboot nessesary. Tonight, I'll see what happens when plugging in the cord after it goes to sleep, and see if it loses Wifi reception the next day.

Last edited:

karbar32

Jul 9, 2012
One month later....Results for my Acer 500, I found the best results to maintain WiFi connectivity, was to turn off Wifi at night before letting the tablet either enter sleep mode, or turn off completely. Wifi was never lost when turning back on it the mornings.

Reenee

Dec 28, 2012
Recently purchased a tablet for my son model number WM8850-MID, android version 4.0.3, Kernal version 3.0.8, Build number 4.0.3 ICS

Having problems trying to connect to the Wi-Fi. I have tried switching the router off and on, didn't work.
The other issue is when i connected the tablet to the PC via USB port. It didnt show up as a removable storage.

Any suggestions/help. This is the first tablet so not incredibly clued up but can get by.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Recently purchased a tablet for my son model number WM8850-MID, android version 4.0.3, Kernal version 3.0.8, Build number 4.0.3 ICS

Having problems trying to connect to the Wi-Fi. I have tried switching the router off and on, didn't work.
The other issue is when i connected the tablet to the PC via USB port. It didnt show up as a removable storage.

Any suggestions/help. This is the first tablet so not incredibly clued up but can get by.

Welcome to the forum

One thing at a time. WiFi, restarting your router is only the most basic of possibilities. Did you read my long on WiFi connections issues? It could be the type of security, the channel it's on or the firmware. (all router stuff)

houhi43

Jan 5, 2013
I've tried all of these suggestions and my tablet does say it is connected and the router does show that the device is connected, however the internet still does not load pages. I cannot get google play to work either. I'm not sure what is going on. Can anyone help? I have 3 7" Zeepad 7.0 Android 4.0 tablets and none of them will work.

Effluo

Jan 13, 2013
Hi folks,

At the end of my tether with this problem. Probably put around 5 hours into it at this point, I'm quite a techie guy, but have not been able to solve the issue with my Allwinner A13 7" tablet and am in need of help.

There is some problem with the internet connection. The play store won't let us register and some apps won't connect. The stock browser brings up a security certificate warning even just going to google.com, but there is no problem when using Firefox. *Just to note I installed Firefox and other apps by downloading apk's from alternative websites.

If anyone has any idea or direct me in some direction I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Eff

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi folks,

At the end of my tether with this problem. Probably put around 5 hours into it at this point, I'm quite a techie guy, but have not been able to solve the issue with my Allwinner A13 7" tablet and am in need of help.

There is some problem with the internet connection. The play store won't let us register and some apps won't connect. The stock browser brings up a security certificate warning even just going to google.com, but there is no problem when using Firefox. *Just to note I installed Firefox and other apps by downloading apk's from alternative websites.

If anyone has any idea or direct me in some direction I would be very grateful.

Thanks,
Eff

Welcome to the forum

Have you tried using your tablet at another location, maybe a free public hotpot? My feeling is that your router has an issue but trying somewhere else will tell for sure. You could also do a factory reset on your router back to defaults. You could also try inputting fixed IP and DNS information.

Is your router using a firewall option?

Jan 23, 2013
Here's a conundrum for you!
I have a Pipo Max-M1 tablet running Android v4.1.1 (kernal v3.0.+).
I'm trying to connect to my home network which uses a D-Link DSL-G624T router.
The tablet lists my network and both my neighbours home networks (and has successfully logged on to the un-secured one!).
However, when trying to actually logon to my network I get a message which loops through "Connecting...Authenticating..." and finally terminates with a message indicating "Authentication problem".
I have checked and double-checked the password and can confirm the correct one is being used.
Have tried (repeatedly..) all the above steps but no joy.
Both my PC and wifes laptop successfully use the router.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can solve this problem?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I would try disabling the security in the router, restart it, make certain you can connect unsecured then put the security back in. Also if it's WEP security make certain you change it. I assume since you read my original post that you have tried a channel change and downloaded the app I suggested, (using your neighbor's connection, of course)

Jan 23, 2013
I would try disabling the security in the router, restart it, make certain you can connect unsecured then put the security back in. Also if it's WEP security make certain you change it. I assume since you read my original post that you have tried a channel change and downloaded the app I suggested, (using your neighbor's connection, of course)

Thanks for the prompt response!
Have tried your suggestions but still getting "Authentication problem".
Have spent years developing in Windows but never looked at Android before now - talk about bad karma:(.

Am trying to learn more about the innards of Android but at the moment it's just a black box...

Will be changing my ISP in the next week or so and hoping the new router they provide will solve this problem as I intend to test connections on PC, Laptop and Tablet as I go along with its the initial set-up.

Will keep you posted...:)