Steps to Get WiFi Connected If Having Problems

GildaLily

Mar 4, 2013
I have tried the rebooting. I am definitly connected to the router and have wpa/wpa2 psk security. I was able to access msn mobile, but that is not the same as the msn on my pc and what I did have until recently on the galaxy 10.1

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I was able to access msn mobile, but that is not the same as the msn on my pc and what I did have until recently on the galaxy 10.1

You're probably looking at the desktop version of the website on your PC and the tablet version on your tablet. Check your browser options and change them if you want to make them the same.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have tried the rebooting. I am definitly connected to the router and have wpa/wpa2 psk security. I was able to access msn mobile, but that is not the same as the msn on my pc and what I did have until recently on the galaxy 10.1

Check the settings in the browser you're using to see if there is a setting to request desktop or set user string to desktop.

pindero

Jan 31, 2013
Thanks leeshor for your help and advice, I re booted the router and moved it higher in the bedroom and now got a very good signal.

jobayus

Apr 30, 2012
Thanks Leeshor for all your Help.
I too could not Connect to WiFi on one of My Tablets.A Freelander something or other.I tried all your suggestions but nothing could make it Connect,although Originally it was Ok.
Then I decided to Try and Reset The Router a DLink Dir 600.After doing so and Trying once again to Use my Tablet,Voila all Ok.Got WiFi back on My Tablet.So I suggest to you Guys that Can't Connect,try and Reset Your Router and maybe you might be Lucky just like I was.Good Luck.

BubsMama

Jul 9, 2013
I'm having WiFi connection problems w/ my Next7. Kept saying out of range or authentication problem than 'Turning on WiFi' which doesn't turn on. Tablet has been reset & saying ' Turning on WiFi' Any ideas to help please. Our other Next7 Tablets & laptops work fine

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Great topic here. We have a Wifi connection here at home, but too bad I don't know the password. So sad ;( My sister don;t want to share it to me!

Get a new sister. ;)

Seriously, just get her to input the password for you.

Kerryrajkumar

Jul 12, 2013
I have an android netbook 4.0.3 the wifi light is on but i'm not getting connected
I've tried to reboot my router, reset my netbook, clear info on wifi settings click forget re enter the info and nothing worked!!!!!
Please help me fixed this problem..

Question: Does downloading or removing a app can cause this problem??

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have an android netbook 4.0.3 the wifi light is on but i'm not getting connected
I've tried to reboot my router, reset my netbook, clear info on wifi settings click forget re enter the info and nothing worked!!!!!
Please help me fixed this problem..

Question: Does downloading or removing a app can cause this problem??

If you rooted your tablet it would be possible to delete something that would cause a problem. It's also possible to have downloaded an app that is getting in the way but not probable. Have you checked to see if you can get connected at a public hotspot?

If you can, then you need to look more closely at your router.

And welcome to the forum

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
We tried that & nothing is working. So frustrating

You mentioned reset. Did you mean factory reset? If you did that and can't connect ANYWHERE there are only 2 possibilities. The first is that your tablet is broken, the second is that when you set it back up after the reset if you told it to sunc with Google it could have brought back a setting that was the original problem.

I assume it did work at one time. If not, and it's new I would get it replaced.