Structure of SD directories ( internal vs. external )

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
HI all
...running 2.2 #3295 with a new bought 16GB micro sd card.

But miffed to find when I install copilot that it wants to install on the 'internal' SD memory and not the 16GB card. Is this a quirk of the #3295 rom ?

Instead of /mnt/sdcard for the internal memory & /mnt/sdcard/sdcard1 & 2 for the external memory, is there some way to re-structure my 16GB card as the primary space and the 1GB internal as a secondary space??

It spoils things having the 1GB space at a higher level than the 2 external ports.

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
I never tried that firmware, but on my guide I can relocate the Default Storage card to MicroSD1, but that is for froyo.

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
ok back from hols.
I located your ramdisk_4.img file but don't understand what I got to do to install it? Please advise. Thanks

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
ok back from hols.
I located your ramdisk_4.img file but don't understand what I got to do to install it? Please advise. Thanks

I clarify a little further.. If I already have a working unit and didn't include the ramdisk.img file in my 700mb flashing SD card inside the 'android' directory, then how do I include it retrospectively ?

If I go back to my 700mb card and just put in isolation the ramdisk.img file in the 'android' directory ( no other files though ), will this work or will I brick my Superpad ??

Please help!!

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
The ramdisk_4.img is for Superpad/Flytouch2, if you confirm that this is your tablet, try to ask your supplier about bootable microSD with android 2.2 files, then you can replace your ramdisk.img with ramdisk_4.img, but you need to rename the ramdisk_4.img to ramdisk.img and put it together with the other android 2.2 files, make a back up of your apps, and other files in your tablet.

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
I definately have a Superpad-I and realise the file I need/have is ramdisk_4.img

But I don't know how it can be retrospectively installed. However I have just noticed a new 2.2 official rom available since 28/05/11 so I will probably spend some time trying to upgrade to the new rom.

I presently still have a 1GB microSD card which I winhex formatted to 700mb. However the brand new rom instructions don't seem to allow for just dropping it into an 'android' directory this time. It appears a lot more complicated than previous....

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
You can try his guide.

or

You can try my guide, if there is a version showing on infotmic boot up screen then you are ready to flash/burn through microsSD.

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
I'm really sorry but these guides on this forum are not crystal clear. They confuse me between USB install and SD install and its difficult to follow from start to end.

With ramdisk_4.img on my pc desktop and a 1gb microSD available for use ( not sure which format structure to use though ), can somebody extract the important bits from either guide and paste them into a clear instruction I can follow.
Thx

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
Ok you can try my guide on my signature, make a backup first with your files from your tablet.

But I will make this short for you.

Download this Files.

Main Android Image
New Ramdisk

This files should be in your bootable microSD (705MB), together with the new ramdisk.img, and replace the old ramdisk.img

10.jpg

- Turn off your tablet, and insert the microSD card at the top port (microSD slot 1), between the 2 USB drive.
- Power on your tablet, and leave it burning your new firmware.

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
ermm....I am now on the new 3656 rom which used my spare SD card set back to 1GB.
So based on having 3656 freshly installed....how do I do the ramdisk_4.img install ???

ebod

Apr 9, 2011
I would try if only I knew how .
..as explained, I have 3656 freshly installed (not rooted etc ). I have the ramdisk_v4 suitably renamed and ready to place it somewhere.
I have a 1gb sd card presently unreadable on my pc since it has the 3656 'ius' image burnt on it.

so...what shape must my SD card be in to get the ramdisk.img file loaded up ? Should I just format it to 705mb and add an 'android' directory onto it, the drop the ramdisk file into that directory...?