Stuck at green guy with exclamation mark. help... please!

carma42

Feb 13, 2011
My Mid 7015 has been working finebut I tried to get to the recovery console to do a backup and i turned it off then powered it on holding the power and silver button together and it booted up where all I have is the green android guy and an exclamation mark. How do I get out of that since I can't do a battery pull easily..... hit the reset button on the back?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
you might just have to wait tell the battery drains all the way, and then charge it and turn it on normally

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Next time just press the silver back button and you will be brought to a text based recovery menu. One of the options in the menu is "reboot now".

;)

Sent from my MID7015

carma42

Feb 13, 2011
so when that was on the screen if I would have hit the silver back button it would have gone to the recovery console? are you kidding me..... lol

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Nope lol not kidding. In fact that's exactly how you install an official firmware update. :)

Sent from my MID7015

carma42

Feb 13, 2011
well that worked except i am still wanting to do a nand backup and that android recovery console was only for wiping and flashing but not backing up. any ideas. Do i just need to use that console and download a stock rom just in case off of here that I got?

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
That recovery menu is only for installing official updates or wiping the NAND. For a backup follow the Clockwork Recovery section in the ultimate rooting guide. CW will allow you to make a complete backup image.

Sent from my MID7015

carma42

Feb 13, 2011
On my phone I just used Rom Manager in the market and it had me install the clockwork mod from there and then backup/reboot into the console out of that app. I just don't want to screw up my perfectly working tablet. Thanks so far though...

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
ROM Manager doesn't work for this device. You'll need to follow the instructions posted in the ultimate guide thread or possibly the new update thread.

carma42

Feb 13, 2011
Thank you l_n that is exactly the type of answer I was looking for. Thanks