Stuck on Android Logo

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I swear I'm going to make this a cut and paste response...

Details?

Unless you tell us exactly what you did to get you to this point, we can't help you. None of us are mind readers.

nicome100

Nov 14, 2012
i switch mounts points in vold.fstab.. the internal sd card and external sd card no longer be detected.. need elp..

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Ok, clearly you are rooted. Did you root your tablet using the recommended method (ADB, ClockworkMod) or the "bull in the china shop" method (Livesuite)? Did you make a system dump before playing around with critical system files?

You need to find a copy of vold.fstab, likely from one of the firmware dumps, and copy it back to the tablet. If you have Clockworkmod installed, one of us can create a flashable zip to get you up and running. If you used Livesuite, you're basically screwed. You can attempt to reflash the ROM with Livesuite, but since it's stuck in a boot loop with no way to access USB Debugging, it's unlikely Livesuite will talk to your tablet.

nicome100

Nov 14, 2012
dont know.. when i buy this tab.. its already root.. its says like a galaxy tab.. i already setup a adb.. thnx to you i get the driver working.. yah.. stuck on logo.. but when a plug in to usb its working fine.. and i cannot access to storage settings..

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Are you able to access the recovery (hold Volume- and Power down while the tablet boots)? If so, does the recovery say it is ClockworkMod, or stock?

nicome100

Nov 14, 2012
yup.. i can access stock recovery.. i dont know how to install clockworkmod.. its says in the adb

C:\Documents and Settings\E3s>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/install-recovery.sh
chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/install-recovery.sh
Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/install-recovery.sh: No such file or directory
10|shell@android:/ $ chmod 755 /systembin/reboot-recovery
chmod 755 /systembin/reboot-recovery
Unable to chmod /systembin/reboot-recovery: No such file or directory
10|shell@android:/ $

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
That list of commands you just gave...where is the su command? You're running those commands as a regular user, not an admin.

EDIT: I swear, I HATE grammar errors. Must be this seventeen year-old keyboard I keep using because it's built better than current keyboards.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
nicome100 said:
yup.. i can access stock recovery.. i dont know how to install clockworkmod.. its says in the adb

C:\Documents and Settings\E3s>adb shell
shell@android:/ $ chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/install-recovery.sh
chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/install-recovery.sh
Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/install-recovery.sh: No such file or directory
10|shell@android:/ $ chmod 755 /systembin/reboot-recovery
chmod 755 /systembin/reboot-recovery
Unable to chmod /systembin/reboot-recovery: No such file or directory
10|shell@android:/ $

The error "No such file or directory" means you haven't place the files where they need to be. You gave chmod the location where to set permission yet you failed to place the file that needs permission changed there.
Before running chmod make sure the file is actually located in the location you are chmoding.
As already posted you must su to chmod any system file, but even su can't chmod a file that doesnt exist.

OoSRHo0

Dec 19, 2012
ok this is where i am... i edited the vold.fstab file and now its stuck at the loading screen. Could you please walk me through how you fixed this. Was it simply replacing the file with the original? if so, i have another kyros 7036 i can get the file from. any assistance is greatly appreciated.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
ok this is where i am... i edited the vold.fstab file and now its stuck at the loading screen. Could you please walk me through how you fixed this. Was it simply replacing the file with the original? if so, i have another kyros 7036 i can get the file from. any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Why would you do that? If you edited the vold, and now can't boot then yes you would need to change it back.