Suggestions for sub £150 tablet?

bokkie

Apr 27, 2012
Hi there.
I am looking for my first tablet, but don't want to spend £400 on an ipad.
I would like a tablet that has about a 9 or 10 inch screen, with hdmi port to connect to tv, has wifi, 3g if possible in this price range, is easy to tether to my mobile for data usage or can use my mobile sim.
I want to try to stream sports when I'm out and about from my satellite reciever, which I have seen done on an ipad.
I have seen the Sanei N90, pov mobii, advent vega and archos g9 101.
What do you think? Are these any good or are there better out there?
I have only just started looking into tablets so am not that informed.
Thanks for your help.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi, I have sanei n90 & really happy so far. A far cry from my wm8650. I can recommend this tab but thete are many others with similar specs around the same price. Whichever you choose , be wary of where you get it from. There are some dubious sites who lure you with lowest prices, free shipping etc, then sell you something else or forget to tell you they don't have it in stock. I recommend redtabletpc.coming as a reputable seller & they're a supporting vendor on this site. They are honest, helpful & tend to sell only the better quality Tablets. Give them a look before you try anywhere else. You have nothing to lose.!

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

bokkie

Apr 27, 2012
Hi, I have sanei n90 & really happy so far. A far cry from my wm8650. I can recommend this tab but thete are many others with similar specs around the same price. Whichever you choose , be wary of where you get it from. There are some dubious sites who lure you with lowest prices, free shipping etc, then sell you something else or forget to tell you they don't have it in stock. I recommend redtabletpc.coming as a reputable seller & they're a supporting vendor on this site. They are honest, helpful & tend to sell only the better quality Tablets. Give them a look before you try anywhere else. You have nothing to lose.!

Thanks, I'll have a look at their site.
Any other recommendations?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I can name some tabs but I'm not sure they meet all your expectations. For that you'll need to check them yourself but here are some I looked at before buying mine
Onda vi40 elite (best camera)
Ampe a90
Yuandao (aka window) n90
Cube u9 gt
Teclast a10 & a15
Bmorn v99
Ployer momo ll
There are more but I can't remeber them all. They have most of what you want tho some might not have hdmi, I'm not sure. The sanei I think is the only one with built in bluetooth. & some may have less flash memory. The onda was my 1st choice but yuandao, ployer & cube were all close. You'll find most of these on redtabletpc.com site so you can compare them yourself.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
sounds to good to be true I think.. I recently ordered a novo 7 paladin from a uk supplier on ebay offering free 16gb sd card & ics 4.0.3 updates for £63. About what the unit alone is selling for from china. A day later I received. Message from ebay- seller removed from ebay etc etc . I got a refund coz I used paypal but god knows what could've happened so an ipad selling elsewhere for twice that sounds iffy to say the least.

bokkie

Apr 27, 2012
sounds to good to be true I think.. I recently ordered a novo 7 paladin from a uk supplier on ebay offering free 16gb sd card & ics 4.0.3 updates for £63. About what the unit alone is selling for from china. A day later I received. Message from ebay- seller removed from ebay etc etc . I got a refund coz I used paypal but god knows what could've happened so an ipad selling elsewhere for twice that sounds iffy to say the least. Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet
Well I took the plunge and bought one of those ipad2's on ebay. It's probably a con but I am protected by paypal, so can get my money back if it is. Delivery is 3-5 days and the sellers name is xuxu jie which is obviously chinese, so might be a clone of some sort. Might end up getting the sanei after all. Thanks

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
Except for the fact you say you need 9" or 10", i would strongly say Tab 2 7.0 released on 22nd, for $250/. Very happy with mine - check out here and at ther .......FORUMS, NOT A SINGLE COMPLAINT YET. More imp. For a student great battery life - mine lasts 4 hrs min. Good luck.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
bokkie said:
Well I took the plunge and bought one of those ipad2's on ebay. It's probably a con but I am protected by paypal, so can get my money back if it is. Delivery is 3-5 days and the sellers name is xuxu jie which is obviously chinese, so might be a clone of some sort. Might end up getting the sanei after all. Thanks

hope uoure lucky enough to get one please let me know if you do or don't. I'm just nosy :)

Apr 19, 2012
Hi Bokkie ,
Have a look at ZTPAD Android 4.0 10.2 Inch Capacitive Touch Screen Cortex A9 1GHz 512MB/8GB compatible with flash 11 got mine from Wise Technology £127.91.Happy with it except for one thing ,but I think it might meet your needs- No 3G but I tether to my mobile no problem.Cant get I player but can get catchup TV.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
for that money you can get better specs &3g. There are 10.1 screen tabs with more memory for less if that screen size is preferable. Myself I like 9.7" for web,games,reading etc. They're maybe better for movies but this is personal preference. Ite your choice.

jrt4

Feb 4, 2012
for that money you can get better specs &3g. There are 10.1 screen tabs with more memory for less if that screen size is preferable. Myself I like 9.7" for web,games,reading etc. They're maybe better for movies but this is personal preference. Ite your choice.

May I be really nosey & ask where you got your tablet from, I am really interested in the Ampe A90 but not sure where is the best place to get it from,I am concerned about warranty & returns etc, I was going to buy it from amazon but you only got a 30 day warranty, I have found another site that offers a 6 month warranty which I suppose is better.
This will be my first tablet & I do need an 8 inch or up & ICS 4.0 with bluetooth.
Katie.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
May I be really nosey & ask where you got your tablet from, I am really interested in the Ampe A90 but not sure where is the best place to get it from,I am concerned about warranty & returns etc, I was going to buy it from amazon but you only got a 30 day warranty, I have found another site that offers a 6 month warranty which I suppose is better.
This will be my first tablet & I do need an 8 inch or up & ICS 4.0 with bluetooth.
Katie.

hi katie. i can no longer see sanei for sale on most sites, but things have moved on & if you're prepared to pay an extra $30 or so this is a tablet that is very highly recommended, i have just got one for my father who absolutley loves it, it has all you need & is dual-core so much faster. the seller is a supporting vendor on this forum & i find them very trustworthy , reliable & helpful. heres a link to their site & the tab in question. it may state no bluetooth but i know that it does coz ive used it :). good luck.

RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) [YD90D] - $257.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Goods