Supercrash

zaivala

Nov 9, 2012
OK. Having a few problems. Had the GetJar problem another user mentioned (won't log me into Soc.io even after resetting my password). Then the Amazon Marketplace did an update, and no longer worked. I tried to reset the Zeki to original software settings (turn the Zeki on, hold the volume button and poke the reset button).

Now it boots to the Zeki screen, goes to Android... and stays there. Nobody home. Doesn't turn off even.

Any ideas? I can't find the sheet with the phone number to call Zeki...

zaivala

Nov 9, 2012
Thanks. I'm sending them an email, as their phone closes already.

Oops, noticed it closes at 8 pm CENTRAL, so they're still open. I'm on hold now.

zaivala

Nov 9, 2012
Apparently I did the complete reboot instead of the restore. I'll know better next time. I got DPI on the phone, and they want me to return it to them for replacement. Damn, here I go setting it up all over again. Maybe I'll flash the A10 chip this time so I can get the Google Play market... Have to wait a few days to have the money for mailing it back.

TaekwonBo

Nov 20, 2012
I had bought 4 tablets and 1 turned out to be a dud. I tried to reset the tablet but its boots to the android splash screen but doesnt go any further. Within return policy so I'm sending it back for a refund.

Zaivala, you mentioned you did a reboot instead of a restore how do you restore? My tablet gets recognized by the PC when connected but quickly disconnects & reconnects while trying to boot during the splash screen. I don't know how to get to recovery mode. (When it worked, holding Vol- during reboot took me to safe mode). Is there a way to re-flash while in the splash screen? If so, how do I do it and where can I get the flash stuff?

zaivala

Nov 9, 2012
There is a way to do backup and restore using Settings. Another user of this forum pointed me to the information in another string here. Apparently the Volume - and Reset pin are last-ditch efforts. Let me up the information and post it here.

zaivala

Nov 9, 2012
OK, it was THIS string -- the message with the Zeki Help link

Settings, and Contact information.

1. From the settings menu scroll down to the Backup & Reset tab
  2. Select Backup my data if you wish to retain WIFI passwords, Settings, and Contact information.
  3. Tap on Factory Data rest to restore

zaivala

Nov 9, 2012
I got my replacement unit today. It arrived with no serial number on the back; I assume it is refurbished. I've contacted DPI to ask about that -- getting it registered might be an issue.