Sylvania - micro SD issues

Lcatanag

Jan 20, 2012
Got my son a Sylvania SYNET7LP for Xmas.
Got the downloading worked out. Having issues with tablet seeing the 8G Micro SD card I installed.
Are there any special instructions to get it working out there? Sylvania website is not very helpful.
Or point me in the right direct.

Thanks in advance to all those that responds.

Bugeyz

Jan 19, 2012
All my experience has been: make sure the phone /tablet is off, insert the memory card, then turn on the machine. It should find it automatically.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Tablet Forum

KSWTeach

Feb 20, 2012
I'm having similar problems with my new Mini Tablet. I can't get the micro SD card to stay in the slot. It won't click in place, like the booklet says it will. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I don't have a lot of experience with these things. Sylvania's little booklet doesn't really help much. (For a lot of things! I'm learning more by exploring!) Anyway...not sure what to do. I wanted to put things onto the Micro SD, rather than filling up the main memory. Sigh...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I can't get the micro SD card to stay in the slot. It won't click in place, like the booklet says it will.

Try pushing it in a little farther than you have been. That's usually the solution to the problem you're having.

Feb 22, 2012
Let's see...

- According to this post, Digital Gadgets is stating that SDHC cards will not work with the SYNET7LP-DS model, but then this post states that a (Unknown manufacturer) 16GB SDHC card was tested and worked with the device.

- This post states that the card needs to be formatted in FAT32.

- This post suggets that you need to go into the settings for the device to mount the card.

- This was under a thread for the SYTAB7MX and the poster only mentions using it in a Nook, but they suggest that only class 4 and up cards are used as class 2 are known to cause issues.

I'm currently having the same issues with my SYNET7LP-DS not seeing any micro SD cards. The following cards are what all I have tried so far:

- Team 32GB SDHC Class 4 (This was slow-formatted in FAT32 on the first try, then formatted on my phone on the second try.)
- SanDisk 16GB SDHC Class 2 (This was the card in my Motorola Droid A855.)
- Kington 1GB SD (This was quick-formatted in FAT32.)
- SanDisk 1GB SD

It recognizes that there IS a card in the card slot because it shows up in the settings under "SD card & phone storage" as "SD2" and when I remove the card from the slot the notification message comes up telling me to put in another card. It's just unable to figure out the size of the card.

Last edited:

normawar

Feb 27, 2012
Has anyone figured out how to correct this problem, I can not mount the SD card and now I can not even run an Update on the tablet because it says it is out of memory?

mysticus

Feb 28, 2012
My Sylvania mini tablet ate my micro SD card! I inserted the micro sd card that was sold to me with my tablet and cannot remove it!! How in the world can I get it out? I can hear it rattle whenever I move the tablet you would think it would fall out! it hasnt and I cannot remove it is there anyway to remove this thing without killing my tablet the poor thing is not even a week old!

Feb 22, 2012
Has anyone figured out how to correct this problem, I can not mount the SD card and now I can not even run an Update on the tablet because it says it is out of memory?

No, I ended up swapping out my tablet at the store I purchased it from. They luckily had one left. I told them what the defect was and they seemed fine with taking it back. (Probably lots of others have returned theirs for the same reason.) I just tried out this new tablet today and it is able to see my Team 32GB SDHC Class 4 microSD card.

You might just have to return it or try to get an RMA from Digital Gadgets if either is possible.

My Sylvania mini tablet ate my micro SD card! I inserted the micro sd card that was sold to me with my tablet and cannot remove it!! How in the world can I get it out? I can hear it rattle whenever I move the tablet you would think it would fall out! it hasnt and I cannot remove it is there anyway to remove this thing without killing my tablet the poor thing is not even a week old!

Ah, that sucks. I noticed that there is a small space above the actual microSD dock that you can accidentally put your card into. (I almost did it myself.) You'll probably have to open up the tablet. I know there are two screws on the top of the tablet (They are under those little shiny pieces in the frame.), but I have no idea where the rest are. They might be under the "face plate" on the bottom.

Last edited:

BigDsubF

Mar 6, 2012
I just had the same problem- card slipped in above actual slot- flip unit over a shake it till the edge of the card slips a little out of the area above the slot then grab the corner with a pair of tweezers and remove.

laurita221

Sep 12, 2012
I managed to get my tablet to recognise an SD like this:
-Tablet off
-Insert SD
-Connect tablet to PC
-Tablet on
-Unplug tablet from PC

It worked fine after that...

i had the same issue but mi tablet is the express model doesnt have any usb port, any suggestion????

Feb 22, 2012
Sadly my tablet has lost the ability to read microSD cards now. I had factory reset it because I wanted to sell it and came to find out it now continues to state, "Memory device safe to remove. You can safely remove Memory device." when I turn the device on and when I try to mount the microSD card.

Formatting the microSD card (This was the card that was being used with the tablet when it could read the cards.), putting the card in while the tablet is turned off and turning it on and connecting the tablet to a computer all do not fix the issue. So I am guessing it has something to do with a bad image that is being flashed to the device when a factory reset is initiated.

Nick911turbo

Oct 30, 2012
Yes I have the same exact problem i have 2gb on the tablet but it said 0.00 GB of 0.00 GB , I can't figure out the proble i can't download anything or even take a pitcure.

:mad:;):p:eek:

itsallpoo

Nov 11, 2013
In the bad old days devices could be sensitive to the way memory cards were made by the manufacturer SanDisk is the way to go they've been around the longest if you buy cheaper brands you might be getting what you paid for. For stuck cards it's generally not too bad to pull the back of the tablet off but could void your warranty if you still have any. Once inside the card cage is right there and you can probably force it out with a paperclip or something. Be sure you've got it oriented the right way, it only goes in one way.

pete gee

Oct 2, 2014
Let's see...

- According to this post, Digital Gadgets is stating that SDHC cards will not work with the SYNET7LP-DS model, but then this post states that a (Unknown manufacturer) 16GB SDHC card was tested and worked with the device.

- This post states that the card needs to be formatted in FAT32.

- This post suggets that you need to go into the settings for the device to mount the card.

- This was under a thread for the SYTAB7MX and the poster only mentions using it in a Nook, but they suggest that only class 4 and up cards are used as class 2 are known to cause issues.

I'm currently having the same issues with my SYNET7LP-DS not seeing any micro SD cards. The following cards are what all I have tried so far:

- Team 32GB SDHC Class 4 (This was slow-formatted in FAT32 on the first try, then formatted on my phone on the second try.)
- SanDisk 16GB SDHC Class 2 (This was the card in my Motorola Droid A855.)
- Kington 1GB SD (This was quick-formatted in FAT32.)
- SanDisk 1GB SD

It recognizes that there IS a card in the card slot because it shows up in the settings under "SD card & phone storage" as "SD2" and when I remove the card from the slot the notification message comes up telling me to put in another card. It's just unable to figure out the size of the card.

hi

I am an absolute novice to my Baun android tablet. I downloaded astro file mgr but it does not let me see my micro sd (even tho the tablet tells me it is there).
every pic I have downloads to the internal sd (WHICH IS NOW FULL!!)
I was able to download pics from my pc to the micro sd once I attached the tablet to pc via usb cable, but I must have mucked around with settings too much so that now my pc accesses the internal sd ONLY (as camera) and I am locked out of the main area of the tablet as well as the micro sd chip which used to be visible as LOST.DIREC but which only appears now in photos on my main tablet screen (if you can follow that) but which I can no longer access even via pc.
What have I done? how do I reaccess the gallery pics in the main area of the tablet?
why won't the ext sd chip show up under files in astroid file mg
are you able to give me some clear & direct advice on the above as I leave for europe in 2 weeks and desperately need to make the ext micro sd function as storage for pics & vids?
Pete gee

I managed to get my tablet to recognise an SD like this:
-Tablet off
-Insert SD
-Connect tablet to PC
-Tablet on
-Unplug tablet from PC

It worked fine after that...

tried that. It did not work!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: