Sylvania SYTABEX7-2 No recovery image is found, try recovery from SD

svlach

May 25, 2012
The Sylvania SYTABEX7-2 tablet does not go past the infotmic logo.
I have tried to force it to reboot with the power button-Menu button-and touching the screen.
It starts to recover the image and then I get the message No recover image is found, try recovery from SD.
In a post on this site I found a System file that someone said to try so I downloaded it on the SD card but I don't know how to force the device to look at the SD card.

Any suggestions? Do anyone know what to press to force it to look at the SD card?

svlach

May 25, 2012
The SD card has to be configured as a boot device. I'm pretty sure you can do it through the IUW1.2 tool (which can be found here -> http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html

If that doesn't work, you could try doing an OTG flash using the same tool and a USB cable.

I cannot turn on the device how do I figure out which one to use? How do I figure out the hwver?
Using the identified "hwver", the proper update file (*.ius) can be downloaded.

KhaineUK

May 12, 2012
That part I've no idea how to help with.

Might be worth trawling some threads to find your tablet model and see if anyone has stated which update worked for them.

carachase2007

Jun 5, 2013
there are no current posts that seem to address this. figured i would post a reply on this thread since it involves the same "symptom". my tablet is stuck on infotmic also. after holding power & menu, it shows no recovery image, try recover from sd. that's why i am here. i am not too tech savvy and am VERY new to this modding and flipping and rom-ing, and clocking. i wouldn't know what any of this stuff was if it would pay me big bucks or could save my life. please for the love of mike, help me. i am trying to get this tablet back going for my husband for a father's day gift. thanks in advance. ;)