Sytabex7-2: Widespread Issue

Skittles81

Jun 28, 2012
As I have scoured the internet for information, I have discovered that numerous individuals have asked this question throughout other forums, some in their own threads, but they all seem to die away with insufficient answers. Hopefully, some of the skilled members here will be able to give complete answers; rather than referrals to other pages that aren't specific to this device. Oddly enough, this device does have several quirks that others do not. So here is the scenario with all needed info.

Device: SYTABEX7-2

Android Version
DG2.20
Hardware ID
Firmware
DG2.2.1-7a3.b5

Several users have been stuck at the INFOTMIC screen. Using the three finger salute, we are able to get to the "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD." This will happen for all of us, as this express model doesn't have a recovery image.

Where to go from here is the big question. After much research, it is known that OTG is also not possible with this device. I assume this means the only option is to burn the .ius to the micro SD card. Using IUW I select "removable media 1", click burn, it takes only seconds, and the burn is complete. However, the card still shows up as entirely empty when I view its properties, and putting it into the device does absolutely nothing. It still just loads up to the INFOTMIC screen forever.

Any advice? Is the burn not burning properly? Should the card show some space being taken up after the burn? Any help appreciated. There are at least 9 of us waiting on this exact problem to be solved. Thanks.

Skittles81

Jun 28, 2012
Well, to reply to myself. Multi-card readers that register each input will not work with IUW. Windows XP also didn't work for me. A standard sd-usb device worked great with mobile Windows 7 - which is free with DLC super multiboot. Burned it, fired right up. For $5, I guess this thing is worth it. Kind of.

jm716

Sep 12, 2012
Skittles81, what is DLC super multiboot? I'm new to Android devices - my son has a SYTABEX7-2 (hardware 11.2.3.1) and it's stuck at the "infoTMIC" screen. How exactly did you fix yours?

carachase2007

Jun 5, 2013
As I have scoured the internet for information, I have discovered that numerous individuals have asked this question throughout other forums, some in their own threads, but they all seem to die away with insufficient answers. Hopefully, some of the skilled members here will be able to give complete answers; rather than referrals to other pages that aren't specific to this device. Oddly enough, this device does have several quirks that others do not. So here is the scenario with all needed info.

Device: SYTABEX7-2

Android Version
DG2.20
Hardware ID
Firmware
DG2.2.1-7a3.b5

Several users have been stuck at the INFOTMIC screen. Using the three finger salute, we are able to get to the "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD." This will happen for all of us, as this express model doesn't have a recovery image.

Where to go from here is the big question. After much research, it is known that OTG is also not possible with this device. I assume this means the only option is to burn the .ius to the micro SD card. Using IUW I select "removable media 1", click burn, it takes only seconds, and the burn is complete. However, the card still shows up as entirely empty when I view its properties, and putting it into the device does absolutely nothing. It still just loads up to the INFOTMIC screen forever.

Any advice? Is the burn not burning properly? Should the card show some space being taken up after the burn? Any help appreciated. There are at least 9 of us waiting on this exact problem to be solved. Thanks.

Thank you for this post. I too have the same problem. I am going to attempt to use your link to the .ius file and try that. i am very new at this and feel as though i am walking around inside a computer blindfolded and one hand tied behind my back.

digdug

Jul 30, 2015
Well, I managed to get the SYTABEX7-2 running with http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.3.1/7901UC_11.2.3.1.2.0_beta3.ius (that's the file I found in a post by cfrockit on the xda-developers forum), but the device thinks it's a SYNET7LP. At least it's running, but does anyone know what the ius file specifically for the SYTABEX7-2 would be?
I have the same device that you mentioned in your post. Do you by any chance still have the 7901UC_11.2.3.1.2.0_beta3.ius file that you were able to use to get the device up and running again? The server does not respond to the link and i am not able to find anyplace who may have this file available for download. If you know any site or place I can get this file i can attempt to get my device possibly working again. I bought this tablet a few years ago and it got packed away without ever opening it. Needless to say it only boots to the informic logo. I have tried all manual attempts but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.