Sylvania Tablet Loses Internal Mem at shut down

Bad Larry

Dec 27, 2010
My wife allowed her tablet to lose all battery power before recharging. After the recharge, the tablet no longer recognizes the 2GB internal memory which holds the settings like WEP. We have the most recent Android OS 2.02 and when we try to re-upg rade it won't let us, saying that we have the latest version.
What can we do?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
You can do a "system reset" by placing the tip of your stylus in the hole on the back marked "Reset".

Further information about a "Reset" can be found at the YouTube - dgsupprt's Channel

Additionally, you can set the device back to factory defaults following the steps discovered by other members of this forum noted below:

Sprdtyf350 - Recovery

I just figured out to get into recovery mode on this thing. It is different than the other method posted. I think there are at least 2 sets of hardware used with these tablets.

Hold the tablet so you can:

Press on and hold the touchscreen, then press the power and menu buttons at the same time.

It then says if you want to recover press the required buttons. I pressed power, and menu again and it restored.

The other method found by Bigwooly goes like this:

"to restore to default rom (recovery mode)
with device off

push power turn on as normal

Once you see the infotmic logo press and hold power and menu

When you see white text On the screen release power and menu

You will see a message the says something along the lines of "to boot in recovery press the require keys"

Press power and menu again and it will reflash the most recent manufacturer update you downloaded."

skitzo3395

Apr 23, 2012
what happend with mine is....

it worked when i first took it out of the box. all the storage and memory was there. i didnt like it at first so i was going to take it back to the store so i did a factory reset through the settings/privacy. after i did the factory reset it says that there is no internal storage. and with the micro sd card when i go to sd card and storage then into sd2 the only option i can click is mount sd card. when i press that it says preparing memory device then it says memory device ready to remove.

also when i go under my pad or tablet or whatever it is called it has no files and at the bottom of the screen it says "0.00mb free/0.00mb.

when i try to do the hard reset it says "cant find restore image, reboot from sd"

pls help me someone.