T mobile seems have blocked data for my S7 for no reason.....

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...words=Huawei+wireless+access+point+&x=13&y=19
If this were used with a Tmob data plan in the US would they shut of the data?
It doesnt have a SIM slot so you would need an additional usb modem.
I'm using a Huawei wireless access point here in the UK and the signal stength is astounding so I don't need to use my data SIM in the S7. And I get signal where the phone would struggle.
This is the model I have, but, its only $100 here on pay as you go. Its easy to unlock.
http://www.modem3g.com/e583c-hotspot-p-57.html
It doesnt cover the Tmob US 3G fequency spectrum, only edge.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
BTW I've read the reviews of the first device and was only wondering about Tmob US way of looking at it from a data usage point of view!

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Jstorm-

if you stay on PAYG t-mo, once you purchase $100. of refil minutes, you are bumped to gold rewards status on your account and then get 15% bonus minutes on any refil that then do not expire for 1 year. But you are still stuck for data- t-mo is still not cooperating with hs7 owners.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Jstorm-

if you stay on PAYG t-mo, once you purchase $100. of refil minutes, you are bumped to gold rewards status on your account and then get 15% bonus minutes on any refil that then do not expire for 1 year. But you are still stuck for data- t-mo is still not cooperating with hs7 owners.

Yes but with the Huawei wireless access point the network would only "see" the IMEI of the wireless access point so they wouldn't know what you were using over wifi.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Wifi always works- not dependent on a sim. Did I miss something? I tried to get a day pass on the sim that was t-mo activated on their go phone. It wouldn't send me to the purchase screen using the sim in the hs7.

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
There is no more day pass, even if you choose the data plan it is only if you run out of what the plan provides on a monthly basis. I loved it when it was up, wish they saw the light. But the wifi hot spot is sweet, maybe mount one in my car...lol...

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
I don't think there should be any issue with a wifi hotspot. It would only work on the data plan (as it can't make calls). It's designed expressly to provide a data connection to other devices as it can't use the data itself.

So T-Mo should have a problem with tethering a S7 to a wifi hotspot, as this is what it is designed to do (if they can even tell what device(s) you are using with it.

I'd also assume that they wouldn't care if you put the sim directly in the S7, as it would only work for data (which is currently allowed anyway). You just wouldn't be able to make calls with it.

I suppose in a pinch you could setup a Google Voice number, have whatever number(s) you want forwarded to the GV number and use SIP to make/receive calls. Probably get expensive quick though.

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
Well if you are doing that I would just get the Virgin Mobile or Cricket, they both are unlimited and dont care what you hook to it. Virgin has one that supports 4 devices. I do want one in my car just wonder how that would work.

rudydh

Dec 20, 2010
Did anyone see the new Clear 4G at bb? 8 Devices and battery run, up to 4 hours on a charge. I am so getting one next week, tmobile problem solved.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
There is no more day pass, even if you choose the data plan it is only if you run out of what the plan provides on a monthly basis. I loved it when it was up, wish they saw the light. But the wifi hot spot is sweet, maybe mount one in my car...lol...
I run mine all day as needed and keep it in my pocket.
It gets good and warm, but, that's a bonus at the moment in the UK!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Beyond the FCC complaint: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ce-t-mobile-huawei-s7-possible.html#post57170

I propose that we formally put up a news article on the front page: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ainst-huawei-ideos-s7-news-article-draft.html

Then submit to news blogs.

If there is no one who wants to take action on this, nothing is going to change. I am not even American, so I would prefer if someone else takes the initiative to get this right. If what T-Mobile is doing is wrong, we could at least make a big deal about it. I know I would if I were in the US myself.

sheila114

Jan 24, 2011
Has anyone tried using a mi fi with the S7 and a tmobile phone instead of a tmobile web plan. I was wondering if i had a wi fi enabled phone, if i could use a mi fi to get the internet on both my phone and my S7.

Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this set up.

Thanks.

Sheila

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Has anyone tried using a mi fi with the S7 and a tmobile phone instead of a tmobile web plan. I was wondering if i had a wi fi enabled phone, if i could use a mi fi to get the internet on both my phone and my S7.

Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this set up.

Thanks.

Sheila

While not T-Mobile, I successfully used Virgin Mobile's MiFi and my new phone's built-in Hotspot capability with the S7. Should.also not be a problem with a T-Mobile MiFi device as T-Mobile is only blocking use of the S7 specifically when it is connected directly to the data network via it's cell radio using a SIM card.

Sent from my SPH-P100

sheila114

Jan 24, 2011
While not T-Mobile, I successfully used Virgin Mobile's MiFi and my new phone's built-in Hotspot capability with the S7. Should.also not be a problem with a T-Mobile MiFi device as T-Mobile is only blocking use of the S7 specifically when it is connected directly to the data network via it's cell radio using a SIM card.

Sent from my SPH-P100

Thanks for your response. How do you like the Virgin Mobile's MiFi? I've heard complaints that it's not fast enough or it's blocked after 5Gb when it's supposed to be unlimited.

And I just want to make sure I understood you correctly. You're using it for the internet on your phone and on the S7, right? I just want to be sure the internet won't be blocked if I use a MiFi for it. I can understand the S7 not being blocked by TMobile or Virgin Mobile but I didn't know about the internet on the phone too. Also, is your signal strong enough for the multiple devices as advertised?

Thanks again.

Sheila