Tablet Choice

Paj4me

Jul 31, 2012
Hi All

Currently using a Lenovo netbook, but the bride would like to go to a tablet. She likes the IPad I believe the Android to be more functional.

Proposed uses

I would like to see it used with OZiexplorer Mapping software, Email, Phone, e reader (Voice and eyes only), and other links when one is on the road travelling

I would appreciate views as to the most appropriate tablet/IPad for the above. Seven or ten inch?

Paj4me

For iPad 9.7" or 10+" to mimc... however Id like to think that ipad is a mimc at this point google has simply surpassed apple.

Anything will do really, just make sure it has GPS for your maps

Hi and welcome....7" is such a great size for travelling, so portable! Between Android tablet and I pad I think on this forum:-Android Tablets Forum- everybody will tell you that Android is better! :-D

i agree with comments above ..for 7" got to be google nexus at the moment, unless you need extra memory, for anything larger i would go with a good chinese dual core ics tablet like the one in this link, this is a trusted supporting vendor on the forum & prices are good against competition, they only sell genuine branded tabs, no copies & i've found them trustworthy, reliable & friendly to deal with in the past so i recommend them highly. good luck.

RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) [YD90D] - $226.00 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Goods

Paj4me, I just noticed that you want phone capability, among other things, ....why don't you check out the galaxy note, 5.4"? I got the note because I was tired to carry around my7" tablet and I wanted to use my tablet as a phone as well.....,it's great,super light, super portable but yet big enough for web surfing, reading and anything else one might want to do!

i am using an ipad, in fact, i think the ipad is the best choice, especially for girls.

Back