Tablet Date and Time Wifi problem

TechWizard

Jun 10, 2013
Hello android tablet members!

About A Week ago, I Was playing around With features of My tablet (an Acer Iconia A500 by the way) and then i bumped into date And Time. I changed my time zone to Moscow (Just for fun) and then changed it back. The next day, I Noticed the connection problem. I could get online,and use my browser, but I Cant get on my Gmail app, I can't use the play store (It will just say "Could Not Connect") Not only can't i use my home wifi, it doesn'T work with ANY wifi Spot.
I'M pretty sure the time zone change had something to do with this. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance Androiders!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I would go back to the Settings - Date & Time and then verify that they are set correctly, including the option to obtain time automatically.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

You're probably correct about the time zone change, but had you gone back in and made certain that it's stuck and that the time is correct. Try restarting your tablet to see if it straightens itself out.

TechWizard

Jun 10, 2013
Welcome to the forum

You're probably correct about the time zone change, but had you gone back in and made certain that it's stuck and that the time is correct. Try restarting your tablet to see if it straightens itself out.

I've already tried that,and I just restarted it again,as you suggested. It still won't connect.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Hmm, might try removing and adding your Google Account again in Settings - Accounts

TechWizard

Jun 10, 2013
Hmm, might try removing and adding your Google Account again in Settings - Accounts

I would but i changed my gmail password weeks ago And I don't remember it. And since I can'T connect To Sync,I can't get my password.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I would guess that since your tablet does not have the proper password for your account, this may be the reason you are not able to connect to the Play Store or other Google services.

Not sure why the time zone triggered it.

I would use a web browser or a PC to recover my Google account password (hopefully you have a 2nd email address to recover to).

TechWizard

Jun 10, 2013
I would guess that since your tablet does not have the proper password for your account, this may be the reason you are not able to connect to the Play Store or other Google services.

Not sure why the time zone triggered it.

I would use a web browser or a PC to recover my Google account password (hopefully you have a 2nd email address to recover to).

Nevermind, solved it!

What triggered it was another app I had Used that changed my time zone. Then when I uninstalled it, and my time zone was permantely stuck to Moscow. I had to re-install the same app, so it could change my time zone back.

Thanks anyway for the help ;)