Tablet Suddenly Not Charging/Turning On

dajordanator

Nov 15, 2015
I have had my tablet for several months now with no charging issues, drops, scratches, etc. Two nights ago i left the tablet running a youtube video at about 5% to go get a glass of water. when i came back the tablet was off, so i assumed it was dead and left it to charge overnight. Come morning and the tablet hadn't charged at all, and will no longer turn on or charge regardless of what cable im using to charge it. I still have the original charger that came with the tablet, and a few others that fit the tablet, but it doesn't respond to any of the cables. not sure what happened or why it just decided to stop working, but any suggestions or possible solutions are very much appreciated

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Use the original cable to plug it into a running computer for at least 5 hours then long press the power button to see if anything happens.

dajordanator

Nov 15, 2015
Welcome to the forum

Use the original cable to plug it into a running computer for at least 5 hours then long press the power button to see if anything happens.

I tried, and nothing happened. I'm guessing that the battery gave out simply because I had already had issues with the tablet holding a charge and when I tried fixing that issue nothing was allowing it to work at full capacity. Are there any reliable electronics shops that you know of where I can get this looked at, or potentially repaired?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You may want to check around where you live. If a place says they repair phones that also may be able to figure out what's wrong with a tablet. You also could call Samsung and see if you can send it in for repair.

dajordanator

Nov 15, 2015
You may want to check around where you live. If a place says they repair phones that also may be able to figure out what's wrong with a tablet. You also could call Samsung and see if you can send it in for repair.

Ok. Thank you for the advice! :)

UnoAmmo

Sep 22, 2017
I have had my tablet for several months now with no charging issues, drops, scratches, etc. Two nights ago i left the tablet running a youtube video at about 5% to go get a glass of water. when i came back the tablet was off, so i assumed it was dead and left it to charge overnight. Come morning and the tablet hadn't charged at all, and will no longer turn on or charge regardless of what cable im using to charge it. I still have the original charger that came with the tablet, and a few others that fit the tablet, but it doesn't respond to any of the cables. not sure what happened or why it just decided to stop working, but any suggestions or possible solutions are very much appreciated

WOW! the same thing just happened to my tablet after watching YouTube. I cast YouTube from my tablet to my television with a Roku. I fell asleep to Twenty One Pilots and the next day my tablet would not turn on or charge! I tried everything, all my chargers, etc but the tablet would not respond. I followed the post that said to hold down the power button for 20 seconds then turn on. It worked, the tablet finally responded, the screen showing 0% battery came on! I wonder if You Tube or the Roku had anything to do with this. I've cast You Tube to my tv with a fire stick many times but this was the first time using a Roku stick...