Tablet Suggestions for my needs

Ms.Shalimar

Oct 15, 2011
Good Morning...My name is Connie and I am a Senior who thinks she might need a Tablet. I have a desktop PC, and a laptop. Also have a Kindle Reader.

My hubby & I travel and my old laptop is too slow as well as heavy and cumbersome to tote around. A tablet has been recommended.

My needs...we like to watch a movie...Love Facebook and FB games. I also sell & buy on Ebay and would like to be able to upload pics and need email.

I love my computer and able to get around so not concerned with learning something new but would like user friendly.

A friend has a Toshiba Thrive 32 GB, but not sure if I need something that big for my needs. This is for travel only...hotels, cruises, etc.

Appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks,
Connie

TheCentauress

Aug 22, 2011
Well, my suggestions would need a few more bits of information to be accurate.

1) Do you have really bad vision? If so, you'll want a bit bigger screen.
2) Is your Desktop on a dedicated data line - cable or DSL? Then you're more likely to be able to leave the desktop running and link from the tablet. That would suggest getting a Honeycomb Tablet.
3) Movie watching - On-device files or from the web? That would determine the on-board memory size, or would suggest the device having a microSD slot or USB connectability.

There are other questions, but this gives you a general idea. FULLY define what you want/need the tablet to do, then take a good look at what you'll need to have for what you defined.

Ms.Shalimar

Oct 15, 2011
Thanks for your reply. I am on DSL. I do have problems with eyesight and had decided on a 10". I also would like to have a microSD slot or USB connection. We have not watched movies of any kind as yet, and not sure how to do it. :-(

TheCentauress

Aug 22, 2011
Thanks for your reply. I am on DSL. I do have problems with eyesight and had decided on a 10". I also would like to have a microSD slot or USB connection. We have not watched movies of any kind as yet, and not sure how to do it. :-(

Basically, you've just stated that you want an Asus Transformer. Good choice.

ANd for the movie watching, ask that as a new post. There's several ways to do it... that I don't know yet myself.