Tablet with Data connection

kinsale

Sep 22, 2011
Hi all,

I recently went to Verizon, ATT and Sprint to look at tablets for my young son. He likes Android, is always using my phone. When we are out and about he is constantly asking for our phones so he can download some game or other. He has an iTouch but with Wifi rarely available he always comes back to our phones.
I was depressed at what the major carriers had to offer for connected tablets. I don't mind the monthly data plan but asking $600 for a Xoom plus 2 year commitment is a bit much.
So could you all recommend a tablet with data connectivity (either GSM or CDMA) that has a capacitive screen. Prefer $250 or under. Less is better.

Thanks

kinsale

Sep 22, 2011
Lots of views but no replies? Anyone have any info on data connected tablets?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
not in the price range you are looking at. You can do a 7" refurb at Verizon for that price range, but that is about it

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
The Samsung galaxy tab at Sprint is selling for 199 with a two year data contract.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
There are, but I don't know much about those. Plus I'm sure you'll have to load the android market yourself. Could check on the malata z-pad, I may be wrong but I believe the zpad is like the gtab but has 3g.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk