Tablet with IR

Dhansak

Feb 11, 2013
Hi

I am looking for a tablet with built in IR so I can use it as a remote control. I have googled with little result and stockists just don't seem to have this on their features list to sort/filter by, so am probably missing candidates!

It must be available in the UK and be less than £200 (cheaper the better). Not bothered about other specs really (already have a tablet I am happy with - but it doesn't have IR) - anything more than a remote control function would just be a bonus.

Any model that you could mention would be great - I'll do the follow up research myself - just need a list of possibles.

TinderboxUK

May 28, 2012
Some Samsung tablets have IR built in my Galaxy tab s 10.5 has one but it`s around £300 new, the smaller 8" might be cheaper, just have a look at the Samsung range.

John.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I agree with John. IR "blasters" typically are only available with the hider end, (read more expensive) tablets and many of the Samsung tablets have them along with their own Samsung remote control app.

Dhansak

Feb 11, 2013
Thanks guys - will check out the Samsungs - think I'll hunt round in the second hand market though! Cheers :)