Looking for a 7-10" tablet to control Windows 7 PC mp3 library via Wi-Fi

zorkiii

Feb 7, 2014
Hello, I am looking for a newer tablet to control my Windows 7 home PC via Wi-Fi to remote control play my music library. The PC is already setup with wireless streaming to my receiver, the tablet would only be a controller.

I am aware there is a VLC remote, and an XBMC remote app for iOS, though I'm not too crazy about their interfaces. I have an iPhone 4s and have used both with kind of laggy results, didn't seem very fast. I am writing here because I'd rather not get an iPad, and am interested in what Android tablets are out there that can do this well.

Is there anyone using this kind of setup with a specific tablet / app that is pretty kick ass? I basically want to be able to access playlists, sort my music files by artist/album/genre, be able to search, play files at random etc. Your basic (and advanced) options in an app that doesn't feel like you're using a Vic-20 over a 300 baud modem. ;)

Oh, and of course it would be nice to have a cool tablet too. But this is the primary reason I'd be using it, something portable to stab fingers at to make music go sound making, without costing many hundreds of clams.

Thanks,
zorkiii