Tablet Won't Turn On

maria1

Apr 25, 2012
I've had my tablet since November, and had no problems till a few days ago. The battery was down, and I plugged in the tablet overnight to charge. Unplugged it, tried to turn it on. The three lights on the bottom of the screen blinked on and off, but the tablet wouldn't come on. I thought maybe it hadn't charged for some reason, and plugged it back in. A black battery appeared in the middle of the screen, with a red line on the bottom, as if the battery was empty. Also, the little red light above the "vizio" logo on top went on as it usually does when it's charging. I let it sit for many hours, unplugged, tried to start, and the same thing happened.

Help? All I did was plug it in. It has no history of charging problems, hasn't been dropped or damaged in any way.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Are you using the stock charger? If not start there and make sure it is plugged into a good outlet. Once you have let it charge on the stock charger for several hours, try holding the power button for about 10 seconds to ensure it turns off. Then try and power back on.

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
When mine goes full flatline battery 0%, it will try starting up when plugged in, but once it notices very low battery it will power itself back off showing the battery logo you say you saw. Overnite charge on stock charger usually fixes it.

Zina_berry

Dec 5, 2011
Maria1, were you able to solve this problem? Mine started doing exactly the same thing today. I used it earlier and actually plugged it in but left it on. Now, when I tried to use it, the screen was black and the three lights at the bottom blink but nothing. :(

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
My sister had this problem with her Thrive. She had to remove the battery from the tablet, leave it out for a few min and put it back in.
That did it for her, it might work with yours.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

missjass

Oct 22, 2012
I've had my tablet since November, and had no problems till a few days ago. The battery was down, and I plugged in the tablet overnight to charge. Unplugged it, tried to turn it on. The three lights on the bottom of the screen blinked on and off, but the tablet wouldn't come on. I thought maybe it hadn't charged for some reason, and plugged it back in. A black battery appeared in the middle of the screen, with a red line on the bottom, as if the battery was empty. Also, the little red light above the "vizio" logo on top went on as it usually does when it's charging. I let it sit for many hours, unplugged, tried to start, and the same thing happened.

Help? All I did was plug it in. It has no history of charging problems, hasn't been dropped or damaged in any way.

THE SAME THING "EXACT" HAS HAPPEN TO MY VIZIO TABLET Model #VTAB1008....WAT DID U DO...DID U FIND A SOLUTION..I'D REALLY LIKE TO GET MINE BACK ON.

maxxg

Oct 5, 2012
I have read somewhere that some are having issues with the pwr plug on the VIZIO tab, so if you have or know someone with and android phone you may want to check and see if the cable is the same, ( not the charger), only the USB to the unit cable. and give that a try . They claim that on some that moving genitally, the cable and/or connector, charges the battery and so effects the on off function of the unit...I have 2 of these Unit and love them for the price, and they do want I want. But I've found the cables are a little stiff. And I can see if a child or any one pulls the short little cable it could easily damage the connector/s inside and out..

And as reminder. It takes at least 3+ seconds holding dwn the pwr button to reboot the unit, and a quick touch to start when in the sleep (mode).

For those who have a new or refurbished unit, please make sure you charge it good and let it plugged in until full charge before you start using the unit, Also note that the unit will take time to do all it's updates to the latest OS and please don't interrupt the update process!

When the battery is dead the unit will look dead until it gets charge enough to Boot up, so be patient. ( if you looks real close you will see a small color light in the battery outline image, let it charge.

regards,
Maxx

Last edited:

SADIE00

Oct 28, 2012
My tablet hasn't worked for more than a month, and won't turn on I left it plugged in for 2 days. It still won't work I brought it to a place where they fix tablets and phones...etc. they got it working somehow, but it did it again after a few days.

rwmccor

Nov 6, 2013
My vtab is also not powering up, battery symbol comes up and is blinking with red on the bottom. Have it plugged in with usb cable and wall plug it stays thee same. If I try hitting the power button it goes dead and after 15-20 secs the battery symbol comes back up. Any help would be great. Also is the battery replaceable on the vtab1008??