Talking Tom Cat app

dbsimms63

Jun 9, 2011
Anyone downloaded this to the 7024 or 7022 and got it to work correctly? Mine will start up, but I don't hear him yawning, if I talk real loud, he will repeat what I say and I can hear him. I know my mic works because I recorded a video and I have sound. If I click the drink milk tab after hear talks to me and I hear him, I hear the milk pour and him drinking. I really like the app and would like to get it working correctly, so any help will be most appreciated.

Yes I tried Tom Cat. I DL it to try with my 2 yr old granddaughter. She loved giving him a drink of milk.

I did notice that I had to speak up a little but Tom would repeat 90% of the time even when my 2yr old talked. Mic volume seemed OK in fact if there was a lot of background noise Tom kept flipping from talk to listen.

Volume settings. Seems that there are 3 settings on the Kyros. One is 'Master' and is adjusted anytime, and the others are 'Media' and 'Alarm'. I needed the Master and Media at MAX to get good sound out of Tom.

To see the volume settings:
Setting>Sound>Volume

(BTW I have the 8024 but I think the hardware is the same as the 7024 but 8")

Yes I tried Tom Cat. I DL it to try with my 2 yr old granddaughter. She loved giving him a drink of milk.

I did notice that I had to speak up a little but Tom would repeat 90% of the time even when my 2yr old talked. Mic volume seemed OK in fact if there was a lot of background noise Tom kept flipping from talk to listen.

Volume settings. Seems that there are 3 settings on the Kyros. One is 'Master' and is adjusted anytime, and the others are 'Media' and 'Alarm'. I needed the Master and Media at MAX to get good sound out of Tom.

To see the volume settings:
Setting>Sound>Volume

(BTW I have the 8024 but I think the hardware is the same as the 7024 but 8")
I already had them on MAX settings. I must have a bug in mine, even though the video record under camera works fine, and records fine. Where did you download your Tom app? Maybe I got a bad apk file, care to share yours?

I believe I got it in the AppsLib because I tried it in the first day or two. I seemed to have a little trouble with it working consistently so I removed it.

So the problems you had very similar to mine? When you started the program, no audio? Inconsistent audio while using the app?

Somewhat...I had it hanging for several seconds while loading sometimes?? I did have Inconsistent audio...I had to repeat what I said sometimes and other times it worked well. I looked a little in different menu setting to see if I could find a 'mic volume setting' so I could tweak the app a little. I never found a mic setting....anyway I ended up just taking it off the tablet.

I found last night the a couple other FREE apps load slow when I don't have WiFi turned on. I assume it wants (and is looking) to load advertising. Maybe this was true for Tom?? I don't remember if the 'slow loading' was Wifi ON or OFF.

Back