Hello from Tbilisi!

georgi

Jan 2, 2012
Hello everyone,

Just joined say I thought I'd say hello. My real name is Paul - my user name is our son Georgi. Santa brought him a Cambridge Sciences G7-III for Christmas so we're just trying to muddle through and figure our way around the interface, which is a bit confusing :eek:

A bit about myself :

I'm English, Darlo born and bred, but I now live in Tbilisi with my lovely wife Lana and our son Georgi. Georgi is 11 and is disabled so he's getting to be quite a handful now. I'm hoping he can put his new tablet to good use - either as a learning tool or maybe there are some apps out there which can help him communicate better as his motor skills are pretty poor, and that includes his speech, but he's slowly improving.

I work as an "engineer" for a small electrical contractor in Tbilisi and we do a lot of work for BP. In reality I do whatever hats fits on a particular day but it's mainly documentation production and control and stuff - there's lots of that when you work with BP but it's a relatively stress-free position and my office is a 5-minute walk from our apartment, which is just great!

As a complete Android novice I'll probably have a few questions along the way - I keep telling people there's no such thing as a stupid question, but I'm sure I'll look back at some of mine and shake my head a bit.

Have yourselves a great and happy 2012.

P.S. If you could spare a few minutes please check out Georgi's blog at the link in the signature below and drop a few comments on his posts. He's got to grips with Windows Live Writer so he posts a lot of stuff to his blog all on his own. His native language is Russian so forgive him any spelling mistakes - he writes English in a very phoentic fashion because he hasn't had any English lessons and what he knows he's picked up since he got ill just by listening and using the internet so much. What he can't type he'll copy and paste, and he's figured out how useful Google Translate can be so if anyone knows of any useful apps which could translate and speak for him then I'd be happy to hear about them. Thanks!

Paul
Tbilisi
Georgia

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hello everyone,

Just joined say I thought I'd say hello. My real name is Paul - my user name is our son Georgi. Santa brought him a Cambridge Sciences G7-III for Christmas so we're just trying to muddle through and figure our way around the interface, which is a bit confusing :eek:

A bit about myself :

I'm English, Darlo born and bred, but I now live in Tbilisi with my lovely wife Lana and our son Georgi. Georgi is 11 and is disabled so he's getting to be quite a handful now. I'm hoping he can put his new tablet to good use - either as a learning tool or maybe there are some apps out there which can help him communicate better as his motor skills are pretty poor, and that includes his speech, but he's slowly improving.

I work as an "engineer" for a small electrical contractor in Tbilisi and we do a lot of work for BP. In reality I do whatever hats fits on a particular day but it's mainly documentation production and control and stuff - there's lots of that when you work with BP but it's a relatively stress-free position and my office is a 5-minute walk from our apartment, which is just great!

As a complete Android novice I'll probably have a few questions along the way - I keep telling people there's no such thing as a stupid question, but I'm sure I'll look back at some of mine and shake my head a bit.

Have yourselves a great and happy 2012.

P.S. If you could spare a few minutes please check out Georgi's blog at the link in the signature below and drop a few comments on his posts. He's got to grips with Windows Live Writer so he posts a lot of stuff to his blog all on his own. His native language is Russian so forgive him any spelling mistakes - he writes English in a very phoentic fashion because he hasn't had any English lessons and what he knows he's picked up since he got ill just by listening and using the internet so much. What he can't type he'll copy and paste, and he's figured out how useful Google Translate can be so if anyone knows of any useful apps which could translate and speak for him then I'd be happy to hear about them. Thanks!

Paul
Tbilisi
Georgia

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum.
attracted by the pics, nice blog!:)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Paul,
Thank you for the great introduction and thank you for becoming a member of the forum. We're happy to have you with us. Congratulations to Georgi on his gift from Santa, he must have been a very good boy to get his own tablet for Christmas.:eek: I also hope he'll be able to make good use of it, and that you'll find some apps that will help him out. Best wishes!
Spider:cool:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here!

Cheers,
Peter