TCC8902 Car Android Tablet Pc With Gps

Tainted

Jul 14, 2012
Hi everyone,

I've used a ICS rom for a Hannspad successfully off this site so looking here for anyone that can hopefully assist in the following device that is not playing the game. Basically I went cheap.... and nasty!! and bought a Aftermarket radio from china for my BMW - Scenzo ENCO-B046 - BMW Android version (Enco-B046).

It comes with Android 2.3.3 but it is far from flawless, the launcher or overlay they have made looks nice but doesnt function 100%. It really need it to be stripped down, made as light as possible and probably tweaked to work better with hardware.

Specs: TMC 8900 Eval board
ANDROID : 2.3
CPU : TCC8902 ARM11 720MHZ
Memory : 512M DDR2
Hardisk : 4G FLASH
Dispaly : 800*480 high RGB output
wifi : Built in wifi ( not really, requires USB dongle!)
GPS Modul : SIRF 3 (20way) hot start 3second,cold start30second
3G Modul : EVDO/WCDMA USB Dongle required

I need advice on rooting it to get a default ROM backed up. Would this be applicable?
http://forum.cyanoge...11/#entry284173

Once I have that and worked out how to use the buttons to get into clockworkmod to the recovery options and apply ROMS I can look at trying ROMS that "might" be applicable this unit.

Can anyone point me in the direction of getting this sorted. Any devs keen to work on this? There is enough demand on the following forum - http://www.e46fanati...ad.php?t=896677 and I'm sure a donation could be put together to help the devs assisting on this if any are interested. In ideal world Android 2.3 is skipped and we can jump to ICS. Wishful thinking I guess. I would just be happy with stock Android, PowerAmp and CoPilot working. Do require onscreen home/back soft buttons as the unit doesnt seem to use the main buttons for this as my previous WinCE unit did.

As I say any help, pointers, tip would be greatly appreciated to get this unit flawless and working as it should.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Teaker1s

Aug 31, 2012
you could create a batch file to adb push updates after using adb pull to backup build prop and what ever else you want. If you don't like batch files you could try android commander which works like ftp client. I have a cx-01 dongle and the firmware isn't great, a combination of Tatubias tweak and some of my own make it useable.

Last edited by a moderator: