tethering issues

Jan 7, 2011
I have an archos 70 250 gig tablet. I also have a mortola droid milestone. Bkth are running froyo. I am trying to get my two devices tethered together for mobile web brkwsing on my archos. My phone is not rooted and i am trying to find the best way to do it. My phone does give me an option to tether with usb. But i have not been able to find a dual micro usb cable anywhere. I'm not against rooting my phone just dont know the best way to get the two tethered.

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
Try bluetooth.

There is a "cell phone tethering" option on the Archos, and try bluetooth, I chose PAN tethering. Put bluetooth on both your phone and archos, then pair your phone and your archos. Once they are paired, check the "tether" option under cell phone tethering.
As far as I can tell it shouldn't require root at all, just bluetooth pairing.

I've successfully tethered my Archos 70 250 gb with my Motorola Droid2Global.

Jan 7, 2011
My motorla droid does not have the option to tether with bluetooth. Only usb. I know that i can download an app to allow tether but it seems like everyone out there requires root access. If that is the way i have to go then so be it. But if not if anyone else has any ideas it would be much appreciated. And if root is the only way to go then if anyone could tell me the best way to go to root a motorala droid original. Thanks

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
That's not what I meant.

Your ARCHOS has a cell phone tethering option. All your Droid needs to do is PAIR with your Archos.

1: Turn on bluetooth on both your Archos and your Droid, then make devices discoverable so you can pair them together.
2: Once you click to pair, it will give you a popup with a "number" on both your Archos and your Droid.
If the number is the same on both devices, click "Pair" on both.
3: Under Bluetooth menu it should say "Paired but not connected"
4: Go to Archos, Settings > Wireless & networks > Cell phone tethering
5: Click "Tether" to "check the box, now a wizard should appear "This wizard will help you to configure the tethering."
6: Click Bluetooth, now if bluetooth is on on both your Archos and your Droid, and you've already paired them, it should pop up (as whatever your Droid is called).
7: Select your Droid's device name
8: Select PAN tethering (not sure what they mean but DUN is more like a modem, while PAN seems its like more like real-time data sharing, so select PAN, you need a number, name and password for DUN)
9: "Tethering is configured. Change these values with a long click on the item list or add a new profile through the menu." Click Next
10: Now Check the "Tether" box. (Please wait while connecting.... appears)

Now you're connected!

Jan 7, 2011
Well i tried what you suggested, but to no avail. Ibave sucessfully paired my phone and archos. When i go to tethering it asks me o
How i want to connect. I selected bluetooth. Then it goes to the next page which tells me to select a device to pair with. It does not show my devise. I have tried clicking on pair with devise. It brings me to the bluetooth settings page. It shows my phone. It says that they are paired but not connected. I hve tried clcking on my phone in the bluetooth settings but the only option i get is to unpair.

Well thank you for tryi.g to help but i think that i am probally going to either get a micro to micro usb cable or find out how to root my phone. If anyone can help me out with either of those two options please let me know.

Thanks

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
I attempted to do it literally step by step earlier, if that didn't work, I'm sorry I can't be much help.

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
You need to download wireless tether app from market and your cell phone has to be rooted. Then u just load the wireless tether app on your phone n change the settings from wifi to bluetooth. The pair your phone with the tablet, then go on your table under wireless settings and check off enable cell phone tether so it connects via blue tooth with tethering option and boom works.

I use my Droid x to tether my archos 70IT 250gb tablet.

The only way you do not need to root is if you pay for tethering with your service provider and use the built in tether capability.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk