The best custom ROM/FW's for White PDN.

malium

Oct 3, 2011
Just as an FYI as it took me a couple of days, many forums and then clicking up a folder from an old link to find this:

Here's the PanDigital site's firmware folder for all versions officially released and otherwise supplied by support for the Novel. Keep in mind some of these may be for alternate models, may not work on all, etc. Looks like there are later versions than the Stock 1/14, offhand I think it's the SL... version that is waht is shipping in the factory refurbs selling for $80ish as of this month, those come with a 2.0 version of Android, B&N, and appears to be what the main update software on the official site now embeds in it's updater. I tried the updater and it failed to update, presumably because that's what shipped on mine. The 2.2 hack above looks promising, the 2.0 still won't do youtube out of the box, or support flash.

http://mirror.support.pandigital.net:8080/Support/FW/Novel/

rocketero

Nov 29, 2011
Nobody in this thread has specifically told what kind of WPDN has, as for what I have read so far the first 2 Pandigital tablets: WHITE and BLACK were not REAL tablets but readers. That's basically why people root them.

But I bought one of the next tablets, a RED and a BLUE (there is also a PURPLE) that may be considered tablets. They have 4GB of flash memory. Somehow I am not exactly sure what version of Android runs because a small app I downloaded is telling me it's Android v.1.5 and many apps I download don't install for this reason like Amazon market.

So if anyone has worked on these latest tablets from Pandigital (I saw a latest Pandigital tablet with a webcam), please report if you have rooted some how and how you did it. It would be great for the rest of us to do it too. If any of my statements have some correction please go ahead and jump in.

Regards.

fusel

Dec 4, 2011
rocketero,
I think you have misinterpreted a couple things. WPDN is White PanDigital Novel. The Black, Red, and Blue versions are not WPDNs. The white PDNs usually come with android 2.0 while many of the others (that came later) are android 1.5. It is my impression that these later PDNs running android 1.5 have less powerful components (and are thus lighter, which is for some a good thing, especially if you are actually using this for reading). There are extensive options for alternative ROMs for the white PDNs but the options are much more limited for the Black and colored PDNs. This is all discussed in the wiki linked below.

http://www.slatedroid.com/wiki/index.php/Beginners_Guide_To_Hacking_The_PDN

T
here are a couple of difference versions (which may have slightly different motherboards?) of the WPDN (and many different product numbers on various websites), but it is my impression that the black, blue, red (etc) PDNs are more distinctly different in terms of hardware and stock software.

sykotikaljo

Dec 30, 2011
alright, gotta say total noob when it comes to hacking i had previously flashed my wpdn with the cruz hack and it was ok but i hear good things about CyanogenMod 6 so can someone help me on flashing to cm6...btw i restored my wpdn to android 2.0 pandigital version any help would be great thanks

update: got cm6 on it, but did anyone ever tell how to get google market???

Last edited:

md2012

Feb 25, 2012
Hi
I have a white pan digital novel 2011.06.13,fw:ski20_20110613-3_pd_,inx7e_eng_6410pop,kernal 2.6.29 march 2311,android 2.0. i was wondering if you could tell me how to update the android 2.0 to icecream sandwich 4.0 or at least something higher than android 2.0 ? thanks in advance for your time and help!

Casual1987

Feb 29, 2012
Has anyone ported the Ice Cream Sandwich firmware to the White PDN? Current Firmware version- ski20_20110613_b_pd_inx7e_eng_6410p0p

Last edited: