The latest firmware update path for the Upgraded C91

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Oh one last thing to do with the custom rom.

Download an app called lcd density modder from the market. In the box at the top when you open it it'll say 160. Change that to 180 and select save and reboot. Now your onscreen buttons will be gone because it's pointless having them on the screen and on the tablet front.

And screen quality will be better too :)

benadlam

May 6, 2012
I know. My electricians life is soo hard..... Yes I'm supposed to be working now too. Lol. Cant be arsed

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
I know. My electricians life is soo hard..... Yes I'm supposed to be working now too. Lol. Cant be arsed

ROFLMAO sweet gig by the sounds of it man!

ZT update: installed that lcd density app, it worked well for a while but now as I type this the tablet is going through its 5th power cycle, gets to lock screen and starts over again. Looks like I'll have to put what I've just learned into practice, wish me luck!

WaveWeasel

Jul 24, 2012
Sorry to jump in, but although I seem to understand some of the jargon the common questions still arise.
My plan is to use Master-Droid Benadlam link to Zenidroid and also try to keep current files,
and also intend on using slatedroid. How do i do all this in plain english step by step ...:eek:

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
Well, I went ahead and downloaded the Zenidroid 702 firmware. Never did like the original "ZEPAD" screen or the "android" boot animation. When it installed, I got a startup screen that is attractive, and says "Slatedroid Zenidroid". The "Slatedroid" logo I could have done without. I wish that the "Zenidroid" logo was larger. The boot animation remained unchanged instead of giving the expected "Zenidroid" boot animation. I used ROM Toolbox Lite to change the boot animation to one I liked. If you do this, be careful. Some of these don't work right and take forever before they link up with the rest of the boot procedure.

The overall impression after I got done is that the Upgraded Zenithink C91 tablet seems faster, is a lot more fun to look at, and handle, and seems to be even more stable than it was before.

I like it! It's impressive!

Even my wife likes it enough that she's wanting me to see if I can do something similar with her Idolian Touch Tab 10 (Same thing as the Upgraded Zenithink C91, just different firmware.)

Rob

By the way, I didn't lose anything! I have had to use Elixir, Memory Booster, and Startup Manager to tweak my system, but I love the results. It's still running ICS 4.03, but seems almost like I'm using a brand new machine.

Last edited:

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Sorry to jump in, but although I seem to understand some of the jargon the common questions still arise.
My plan is to use Master-Droid Benadlam link to Zenidroid and also try to keep current files,
and also intend on using slatedroid. How do i do all this in plain english step by step ...:eek:

You basically want the zenidroid rom without having to wipe your tablet clean?

(Make sure your tablet has at least 50% battery and don't plug it in during the flash process as it seems to screw up sometimes when plugged in)

If so use V1.1 -
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/35922-rom-android-ics-403-702-zenidroid-v11-c91-upgrade-h3-1a/

Put the zt-update folder from the download on the main (root) directory of your sd card.

Get an app called es file explorer, open it and click the Zt update folder.

In there open the file called command in note editor

Find where it says --wipe data and put a # before it.
So it says
#--wipe data

Then exit and save

Now turn off your tablet

Hold the camera button down and press the power button

It'll start in flash mode and say something like are you sure you want to continue press the camera button for yes

Now sit and wait...... Might take a while don't worry unless you get to like 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Change the kernel back to the other one :)
It won't be that you've changed the density. It'll be the kernel. Some tablets can't seem to handle more than 900 or 950

Mate it was touch and go for a while, had to keep reflashing with various combinations of roms/kernels (with various faults and/or instabilities) and ironically the only one that's been stable so far is the latest Zenithink rom with stock kernel (cpu no frills has it at 950MHz which I'm happy with) which has all the Flash compatibility BUT won't load Chainfire 3D, so that's the happy-ish compromise. So far so good (do miss the look and feel of Zenidroid I must admit...sigh).

Is there a stable rom/950MHz kernel combo out there?

Also one of the issues I had last night was after some flashes Skype wouldn't video call (even though it was enabled) until I reinstalled the Zenithink update. I know it's little side issue but I do use it quite often so a fully functional Skype is a must.

So how goes it in sparkey land? ;)

benadlam

May 6, 2012
From what I've read every tablet seems different. Mine will quite happily run a 1.4gb kernel where as others won't run 1gb. No idea why tho.

As for Skype. Not really sure? What happens when you try use it?

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Oh or do you mean Skype works ok now?
Yeah sorry, Skype works fine now.

I know what you mean about all ZT tabs being different - all part of their "character" right?

1.4 GHz?!? Really?!? Damn it I wanna play too ;)

benadlam

May 6, 2012
I don't think the cpu liked being at 1.4 the antutu score was less than at 1.0 i think. Lol

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
I don't think the cpu liked being at 1.4 the antutu score was less than at 1.0 i think. Lol

Bummer, although I did think that 1.4 was a bit ambitious, so did you downgrade?

Updated to the 1GHz kernel you kindly posted earlier, so far so good :)