The latest firmware update path for the Upgraded C91

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
1ghz seems to be the best so I'm on that too!

Indeed, almost 24 with the current config and no issues (and THAT was the sounds of me jinxing myself! lol).

Question: in no frills cpu, should the option "Apply on Boot" be ticked or unticked? What difference does it make?

benadlam

May 6, 2012
I think it's just a case on if you're overclocked by the lot some devices won't boot properly although once all up and loaded they will take the overclock ok. As I'm only at 1.0ghz anyway i have it ticked

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
In playing around with the boot animation I found one that would not allow the tablet to finish booting. It just looped over and over again. Trying to get things straightened out I found that if you hold down the volume-up button and the camera button at the same time as pushing the power button you will go into a "Safe Mode", bypassing the boot animation. Yay!

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
In playing around with the boot animation I found one that would not allow the tablet to finish booting. It just looped over and over again. Trying to get things straightened out I found that if you hold down the volume-up button and the camera button at the same time as pushing the power button you will go into a "Safe Mode", bypassing the boot animation. Yay!

That's handy to know, what are the implications in terms of functionality? For example once I do this will be able to reboot normally, or do I lose anything?

Good work though, I heard of a safe mode but it was always said to be very risky :)

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
It worked very well, and I just changed the boot animation. Didn't lose anything and everything works fine on my tablet.

Oh, and I found out tonight that Motorola is in the process of releasing Jelly Bean on the XOOM. I have a friend who has one. I'll let you in on how it compares with my Zenidroid as soon as I can get my hands on it. Wonder when Zenithink will give Jelly Bean to us?

Blessings

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Oh, and I found out tonight that Motorola is in the process of releasing Jelly Bean on the XOOM. I have a friend who has one. I'll let you in on how it compares with my Zenidroid as soon as I can get my hands on it. Wonder when Zenithink will give Jelly Bean to us?

Blessings

Outstanding! Yes I'd also like to see what the ZT282 is like with JB. Also notice there an upcoming dual core tablet on the Zenthink website which looks intriguing ;)

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
Well, at least it looks like they've scrapped the C92 (Which looked to be nothing more than a repackaged C91). Didn't stay around long enough to absorb all of the specs, but you're right, the C97 looks interesting.

bunney10

Jul 30, 2012
Lol glad to be of service :)

I have learned it's actually very hard to balls up an android device. (software wise) If it has the ability to power itself, its fixable 99% of the time! Especially when it has root access too

Hi Benadlam
I really hope you can help, i have tried almost everything to bring my tablet back to life, i have tried flashing the latest rom from Zenithink but all i get is the logo then a blank screen and the only way i can turn it off is by reset,

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Hi Benadlam
I really hope you can help, i have tried almost everything to bring my tablet back to life, i have tried flashing the latest rom from Zenithink but all i get is the logo then a blank screen and the only way i can turn it off is by reset,

Hey Bunney

Sounds like you have the same issue I had a week or so before. Click the link I've posted before and go to post #24, there you will find links to download 4 boot files, copy these to your zt-update folder and reflash as per the normal procedure. Make sure the tablet is well charged but DO NOT have it charging during this process. Your tablet should now apply the update and reboot, this is initial reboot may take a few so give it some time, but all else being equal this should work.

I'm new to this forum so apologies if I wasn't as succinct as I could have been :)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Bas

[ROM] Zenithink's Official 20120702 ICS ROM - SlateDroid.com - Page 2

bunney10

Jul 30, 2012
Hi Bas
Thanks buddy but ive already tried everything that Omarahum suggested, and even he is stumped, when i tried what you suggested i ended up with the same reult, i get the zt logo then the message saying "do boot update" then "prepare mmc update " then the blank screen, even trying safe mode doesnt work, i have tried different roms and all i get is the log's to change and never enters set up, hopefully you may have a suggestion to help, thanks again Bas

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Hi Bas
Thanks buddy but ive already tried everything that Omarahum suggested, and even he is stumped, when i tried what you suggested i ended up with the same reult, i get the zt logo then the message saying "do boot update" then "prepare mmc update " then the blank screen, even trying safe mode doesnt work, i have tried different roms and all i get is the log's to change and never enters set up, hopefully you may have a suggestion to help, thanks again Bas

I suppose that should have been the first question - what have you tried?

Okay have you tried formatting your sd card or tried using a different one? Also is the card formatted FAT32? Apparently this is important.

Have you looked into flashing via usb - read it can be done but unsure of the process.

Sorry if you've gone over this before, just trying to eliminate options. And you're more than welcome - just wish the help was a bit more substantial :)

Let me know how it goes.

@benadlam @kingsman any thoughts?

Wisdoom

Aug 3, 2012
hi guys,
Just wondering whether you could flash the zenethink or custom rom-zip, using "RomManager or MadManager"?

Cheers.