The latest firmware update path for the Upgraded C91

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
hi guys,
Just wondering whether you could flash the zenethink or custom rom-zip, using "RomManager or MadManager"?

Cheers.

Hey Wisdoom

Kinda curious about that myself, RomManager looks like it may be do it but I don't have enough experience to try out. I've also read somewhere that there is a way to flash through a usb stick as well.

bunney10

Jul 30, 2012
I suppose that should have been the first question - what have you tried?

Okay have you tried formatting your sd card or tried using a different one? Also is the card formatted FAT32? Apparently this is important.

Have you looked into flashing via usb - read it can be done but unsure of the process.

Sorry if you've gone over this before, just trying to eliminate options. And you're more than welcome - just wish the help was a bit more substantial :)

Let me know how it goes.

@benadlam @kingsman any thoughts?

Hi Bas, Thannks for the reply, hers what i have tried so far
tried wiping it with autoscript
have tried 2 custom roms(all they achieved was a logo change)
tried different sd cards all formatted on fat32
tried H3_1a 1gb_500 rom
ZT280V702ZENDROID ROM
ZT282_H3_1A_1GB_C91_ANDROID4.0_0327_V1.6
ZT282_H3_1A_1GB_C91_ANDROID4.0_0327_V1.4
ZT282V327LIGHT3DITIONV1.3.2
ZT282V327ZENDROID
ALL HAVE THE SAME RESULT
Hope this gives you a little more info on where i am at the moment
Bunney10

WaveWeasel

Jul 24, 2012
Hi Ben,
What would the recommendation be install and erasing the whole system or
keep the pre-loaded programs? Thanks in advance for any answer.:)

benadlam

May 6, 2012
If you're adding a 2gb recovery with one of the custom roms you have to wipe all. Otherwise you can get away with # the --wipe_data line in the command file

Sent from my ZT282
1.0ghz modified Zenidroid rom

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Hi Bas, Thannks for the reply, hers what i have tried so far
tried wiping it with autoscript
have tried 2 custom roms(all they achieved was a logo change)
tried different sd cards all formatted on fat32
tried H3_1a 1gb_500 rom
ZT280V702ZENDROID ROM
ZT282_H3_1A_1GB_C91_ANDROID4.0_0327_V1.6
ZT282_H3_1A_1GB_C91_ANDROID4.0_0327_V1.4
ZT282V327LIGHT3DITIONV1.3.2
ZT282V327ZENDROID
ALL HAVE THE SAME RESULT
Hope this gives you a little more info on where i am at the moment
Bunney10

Hey Bunney

More than welcome, though I feel like I've been very little help so far.

Well that's quite the extensive list, seems like you have tried everything :( SO I think we can safely assume that the issue isn't the ROM itself (anyone else feel free to correct me on this). Just went and re-read your original post, as I understand it you get an "Updated Logo" message and that's it, just reboots into logo then blank screen? Meaning that the update itself isn't applied. That IS a doozy, especially as you mentioned omarahum is also stumped on this. Don't suppose the rescue disk option applies to you?

Okay at this stage, whilst not giving up, I have to say my very limited knowledge base is spent :) BUT I do work for a a telco with a number of self-confessed technophiles/geeks who may be able to provide some new perspective on this. Unfortunately I'll only be in the office a few days over the next couple of weeks but let me see what I can manage.

In the mean time if you come across anything hit me up here and we'll compare notes :)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Cheers

Bas

bunney10

Jul 30, 2012
Hey Bunney

More than welcome, though I feel like I've been very little help so far.

Well that's quite the extensive list, seems like you have tried everything :( SO I think we can safely assume that the issue isn't the ROM itself (anyone else feel free to correct me on this). Just went and re-read your original post, as I understand it you get an "Updated Logo" message and that's it, just reboots into logo then blank screen? Meaning that the update itself isn't applied. That IS a doozy, especially as you mentioned omarahum is also stumped on this. Don't suppose the rescue disk option applies to you?

Okay at this stage, whilst not giving up, I have to say my very limited knowledge base is spent :) BUT I do work for a a telco with a number of self-confessed technophiles/geeks who may be able to provide some new perspective on this. Unfortunately I'll only be in the office a few days over the next couple of weeks but let me see what I can manage.

In the mean time if you come across anything hit me up here and we'll compare notes :)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Cheers

Bas

Thanks Bas
I tried to flash with autoscipt again last night and now it wont do anything at all ,not even turn on which is weird
Bunney10

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Hey Bunney

How's it going, any progress?
I've got the word out at work so let's see what they come up with.
Have a great weekend :)

Cheers
Bas

bunney10

Jul 30, 2012
Hi Bas
Since that last try with the autoscript(one that ive tried b4) its still dead as a dodo, not powering up , no green light nothing now seems completely capput, prior to that i did manage to get the battery percentage to show even though it kept changing the battery power level???

WaveWeasel

Jul 24, 2012
Thanks for the assistance Ben.
I have not wiped the SDcard clean prior to adding the zt-update folder but it went thru the setup quickly and
gave me the Welcome screen but I am not abled to pass from there. The screen is not frozen since it asks to
shut down when I press the power button and gravity works. But I am not abled to navigate on the screen.
Any ideas?

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Hi Bas
Since that last try with the autoscript(one that ive tried b4) its still dead as a dodo, not powering up , no green light nothing now seems completely capput, prior to that i did manage to get the battery percentage to show even though it kept changing the battery power level???

Hey Bunney

How's it all going? The folks at work have gotten back to me and unfortunately they've not been able to add anything new to the proceedings. :(

Guess there's nothing else for it but to do the nasty and contact Zenithink?

Very sorry for the distinct lack of assistance on my part.

jw2012

Sep 18, 2012
Hep required please. No idea what I am doing and I am complete novice at this. Downloaded the c91 upgrade followed instructions but how do I know if it installed. No idea where root directory of sd card is. I copied the file to external storage where the other zenithink items are and pasted there. Was this correct. Pressed the camera and power buttons waited for a screen that said zt pad upgrade then it started as it usually does. Have I done this correctly. Don't want to appear thick but not very good at this sort of thing and have been having problems with the tablet recently.

Jan 14, 2012
Anyone know if the C91 upgrade will be able to take Jellybean? Anyone have a Jellybean ROM that work on the C91 upgrade??