The One 'Do I Buy This', 'What Do I Buy', 'I'm Looking For' Thread

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hi Azezel. Welcome to the Forum. Have you had a chance to check out the specs for the Acer Iconia A1? It has a 7.9" IPS display, 4.2.2 Jellybean OS and retails for $169. I have an Iconia A110 and use the HDMI Out port with my TV and it works fine. Sure, it's built in China, but the company is based in Taiwan and Acer has a worldwide reputation. Take a look.

Ed

Azezel

Jun 3, 2013
Hi Azezel. Welcome to the Forum. Have you had a chance to check out the specs for the Acer Iconia A1? It has a 7.9" IPS display, 4.2.2 Jellybean OS and retails for $169. I have an Iconia A110 and use the HDMI Out port with my TV and it works fine. Sure, it's built in China, but the company is based in Taiwan and Acer has a worldwide reputation. Take a look.

Ed

Do you mean this tablet? Amazon.com: Acer Iconia Tab A110-07g08u 7-Inch 8 GB Tablet (Gray): Computers & Accessories I only see a 7 inch display and it's more than 169 it looks like a fine tablet but the price has me worried. Also I notice it's Tegra and I'm just wondering if it works with old apps that don't have the highest graphic capabilities like Surviving High School for one. Also in PCMag on there website they say the screen isn't that great but I don't really care as long as it's better then my old tablet do you know of a website that is selling it for the price you list? Also how would you say it rates against my old tablet?

EDIT: How is the screen?

edap

Dec 12, 2012
No. The one you referenced in your post above is mine that I purchased six months ago when it was first released. The new one just came out and you should really check it out here on androidtablets.net at the Acer Iconia A1 Forum.

Ttvetjanu

Jun 4, 2013
Hi!

I'll get right to it: I'm looking to get a android tablet to replace my laptop. My laptop is 3 years old and has a busted graphics card and overheats all the time, instead of buying a new laptop I'm considering getting a tablet.

The first page questions:

1) what you will be using the tablet for. list any features you need, such as g-sensor, gps, bluetooth, Adobe Flash, or any specific apps
Mainly online browsing and watching movies/tv-series. I need to be able to download and process files without a computer, also (legal) torrent files. I have movies in various formats and I will need to play them straight from the tablet. Are there any USB hard-drive compatible tablets? I'd like there to be a HDMI connector (not a must). Good camera would also be nice, to document my travels (also not a must). I will be keeping a blog during this time, would be nice if it was easy to do with only the tablet.
2) how much you are willing to spend
500$ but the cheaper the better.
3) if you have an idea, what the size of the tablet should be
No larger than 10 inches, preferrably 7. I've been looking at the Google Nexus 7 but I'm not sure if it will suffice for my needs.
4) how much you know about Android, or just whether or not you are computer literate
I am a self-proclaimed nerd but I don't know much about android. I've been using computers since I was 7 years old, including building them myself etc. I'm now 25. I don't think learning will be an issue.
5) Please list your location somewhere. (You should really include it in your profile, by the way)
Currently living in Sweden, will be moving far away.

My current life situation is like this: I will be moving far away (first Bangkok then Sydney) for an undetermined time. Hence I will probably not need to have 3G or 4G on the tablet since it's highly likely I'll mostly be using prepaid cards. During this time I'd like an easy way to keep contact home as well as watching movies and following series. My laptop is nearly dead and taking it with me seems like a hassle. I will only take a big backpack with me, that's all. My iPhone (I know, this is an android site, anyway...) is probably not sufficient for my needs. I know most of you would probably suggest getting a small laptop, but I'd prefer something smaller if possible. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Azezel

Jun 3, 2013
No. The one you referenced in your post above is mine that I purchased six months ago when it was first released. The new one just came out and you should really check it out here on androidtablets.net at the Acer Iconia A1 Forum.

I checked out the forum dedicated to the Tablet but the processor is a different then the Tegra I posted earlier.
Is that good or bad? Also the screen I heard has a 4:1 ratio and isn't great when watching shows or movies.
That forum also doesn't show anywhere I can purchase the tablet I actually can't even find it anywhere online other then reviews.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
That forum also doesn't show anywhere I can purchase the tablet I actually can't even find it anywhere online other then reviews.

I totally understand your frustration, Azezel. In my case, I live in Canada, so I'm used to waiting a few weeks after the release date before the product arrives here. However, when a big computer company like Acer goes to the trouble of investing lots of time and money into hyping a new product, but then forgets to find a retailer to sell it, how are they supposed to make any money. Can you imagine Hollywood announcing a huge blockbuster film and neglecting to hire a distributor to get it into theaters. Hopefully, someone will see it on sale somewhere and notify us. It seems dumb to announce a product and simultaneously devote a forum to it without checking to make sure it's available in stores or online. Lame! or what?

Azezel

Jun 3, 2013
I totally understand your frustration, Azezel. In my case, I live in Canada, so I'm used to waiting a few weeks after the release date before the product arrives here. However, when a big computer company like Acer goes to the trouble of investing lots of time and money into hyping a new product, but then forgets to find a retailer to sell it, how are they supposed to make any money. Can you imagine Hollywood announcing a huge blockbuster film and neglecting to hire a distributor to get it into theaters. Hopefully, someone will see it on sale somewhere and notify us. It seems dumb to announce a product and simultaneously devote a forum to it without checking to make sure it's available in stores or online. Lame! or what?

Well then until I see it I guess I'm still looking for a tablet I hope people still look at my original post.

webstartm

Jun 5, 2013
Hello

1) what you will be using the tablet for?
Movies (brips,dvdrips etc), few games(apps from Play Store) , surfing around (wifi) ...No need for 3G,GSM,GPS,Camera....I only need good CPU/GPU, and enough RAM, IPS(optional) screen
2) how much you are willing to spend
100$ (can be some chinese(pipo,cube,ampe,vido,ainol etc etc) from dx.com or similar sites)
3) if you have an idea, what the size of the tablet should be
7"
4) how much you know about Android, or just whether or not you are computer literate
I know enough to root ,to put custom roms,kernels...
5) Please list your location somewhere. (You should really include it in your profile, by the way)
Croatia,Europe

Okay,i did my investigation a little around...i saw tons tablets ,and i think i need some with dual core RK3066(or similar) and GPU like mali 400(or similar) ,1 GB ddr3 , IPS(optional) , 1024x600 or 1024x800(768)
So,main problem is that there is like 100 chinese tablets ,and i cant choose:(

Thank you very much for answer

:)

Last edited:

Azezel

Jun 3, 2013
Azezal - I've just read your original post. You might want to check out the suggestions I've made to Ttvetjanu as well!

How are all those tablets with longevity? Do they have pretty much what I'm asking for in my original post. Also how is the site Lightake that's what it took me too when I clicked on them. Is there a chance any of those tablets are on Amazon?
Also how are the processors?

webstartm

Jun 5, 2013
You're $100 budget is pretty tight.
If you're happy to spend an extra $13, have a look at the Ployer Momo7 for $112.99
Ticks off all of the specs you've outlined (with the exception of price). Solid wifi, decent battery, TF card slot, HDMI

Ty for answer...yes,budget is pretty tight...i found PiPo S3 for 107 $ (7" 1024x600 ips, Rockchip 3066 Cortex A9 1.6GHz Dual-core CPU, mali gpu, 1gb ddr3 , 3000 mAh , wifi b/g/n, android 4.1)
What do you think about him? better than this Momo7 or?

ty \o/

Azezel

Jun 3, 2013
Well I think I found the Hyundai Tablet but I don't know if it's the same one my only problem with is the 5 hr battery It's not bad but I was expecting a bit more
The other two on that site are pushing 200$ and the other one is pushing 250$ I live in Utah in America so I pretty much will be paying USD.

Amazon.com: Hyundai T7 Quad Core Tablet PC 7 Inch IPS Screen Exynos 4412 Android 4.0 1GB RAM (DDR3) 8GB GPS Bluetooth Dual Camera HDMI White Debut!: Computers & Accessories
Amazon.com: PIPO MAX M8Pro Tablet PC from "Yosemite Dave" RK3188 QUAD CORE 1.8GHz 9.4 Inch IPS Touch Screen Android 4.1 WiFI HDMI Dual Camera 2GB RAM 16GB. Sales & Service by "Yosemite Dave".: Computers & Accessories
Amazon.com: (Yuandao N80rk) 8 Inch Android 4.1 Os Quad-core Tablet Pc with Wifi/ Hdmi Port (Ram 2gb/ Hd 16gb): Computers & Accessories

I think I found all of them on Amazon if they're the same tablets but I was expecting the other two to be in my price range I might have to get the Hyundai though.
Now with it's Processor how is it with games? Can it handle a game like "My Monster Hunter" or 3D games like A Bard's Tale. And there's an MMO on there Galaxy Frontier I think it was it worked on my old one but it had 3D looking graphics I wish I could just figure out which games would work and which wouldn't work without physically having the tablet. I notice the Hyundai also has ICS which isn't bad I actually liked it but is it possible to upgrade? On that other site the RAM says it has 2GB but Amazon it says it only has 1GB of RAM.

Here's a review on the Hyundai 7 which has me a bit worried with updating.

http://liliputing.com/2013/03/hyundai-t7-quad-core-tablet-is-fast-fickle.html

@tabletnews do you have any other ideas?

Last edited:

Azezel

Jun 3, 2013
I noticed tabletnews's post are gone. I'm wondering if there's any other tablets with Samsung Exynos 4412.

Still looking for a Tablet

Hello Everyone, I've been looking at tablets for awhile I even got one as a Graduation present from my mom but it was a cheap one because she didn't want to spend more then 100$ I'm hoping I can get a better price and a better tablet soon though. What I had was a Wondermedia M729 from China as a Doorbuster from the nomorerack website. It was an okay tablet when it worked but when I downloaded apps like "Sims Freeplay" or "My Monster Hunter" The tablet would freeze and not go anywhere and when I tried to go into settings or anything it would only load halfway. I'm returning the tablet sometime but now I'm looking for a better one.

I am not looking for a Nexus 7 mainly because it doesn't have a Micro SD slot and I'm not into being stuck with whatever size I get.
I'm looking for anything between 7 - 9 inches as long is it can play a majority of games and I'm able to watch Netflix and have Google Play because I have a remaining balance in my google wallet. It doesn't have to have dual cameras but it would be nice if I ever feel like taking a picture of something. And Wi-Fi pretty much everything my Wondermedia M729 was able to do but you know but better. I've read about the new Hisense Sero 7 not the cheap one the more expensive one that is supposedly has more to offer than a Nexus 7 I know it's made in China but in this day age what isn't? I've also heard some people have had problems with the more expensive one like HDMI problems. I've been looking at tons of tablets online but I haven't made a decision because it's either tablets I find out can't use Google Play or the majority of Chinese Tablets out there. My price range is 100$ to 150$ Does anyone think they can help?

These are the specs of my old tablet

EDIT: I'm also looking for a tablet with G-Sensor as well so I can play games like Temple Run.
Also the Battery Life would be nice if it's as long as my old tablet.

• Model: M729 • Android 4.0 OS • 1.2GHz [WM8850 Cortex A9 1.2GHz] • 7" resistive touchscreen--800 x 480 resolution • Mini USB port, HDMI output • Front camera: 0.3MP • WiFi support: 802.11 b/g/n • RAM: DDR III 512 MB, 4-way G-sensor • Memory: 4GB storage; external micro-SD card 1GB to 32GB supported • Rechargeable polymer lithium battery • Voltage: 7.4V • Battery life: more than 6.5hrs • Measures 7.62" x 4.75" x 0.37" • Weighs: 0.75lbs

I don't mind Chinese Tablets as long as they work. And don't have a lot of problems like my old one did.

Well I haven't noticed anyone in this thread for awhile but for my birthday I'm thinking of getting the HiSense Sero 7 Pro.

Last edited:

geoffc

Jun 16, 2013
Hi all,

I'm a photographer looking for a 9" or 10" high resolution tablet for viewing photos using a Camranger.
As a Note II owner, I'd rather stay Android than switching OS' and going with a 10" iPad Retina, but would love the retina's level of color and resolution.
Any android tablets that would fit my needs? Of course, not paying $600+ would also be a bonus of staying Android!

I've found these so far:
Aoson M33
Onda V973
Pipo M6

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I noticed tabletnews's post are gone. I'm wondering if there's any other tablets with Samsung Exynos 4412.

Still looking for a Tablet

Hello Everyone, I've been looking at tablets for awhile I even got one as a Graduation present from my mom but it was a cheap one because she didn't want to spend more then 100$ I'm hoping I can get a better price and a better tablet soon though. What I had was a Wondermedia M729 from China as a Doorbuster from the nomorerack website. It was an okay tablet when it worked but when I downloaded apps like "Sims Freeplay" or "My Monster Hunter" The tablet would freeze and not go anywhere and when I tried to go into settings or anything it would only load halfway. I'm returning the tablet sometime but now I'm looking for a better one.

I am not looking for a Nexus 7 mainly because it doesn't have a Micro SD slot and I'm not into being stuck with whatever size I get.
I'm looking for anything between 7 - 9 inches as long is it can play a majority of games and I'm able to watch Netflix and have Google Play because I have a remaining balance in my google wallet. It doesn't have to have dual cameras but it would be nice if I ever feel like taking a picture of something. And Wi-Fi pretty much everything my Wondermedia M729 was able to do but you know but better. I've read about the new Hisense Sero 7 not the cheap one the more expensive one that is supposedly has more to offer than a Nexus 7 I know it's made in China but in this day age what isn't? I've also heard some people have had problems with the more expensive one like HDMI problems. I've been looking at tons of tablets online but I haven't made a decision because it's either tablets I find out can't use Google Play or the majority of Chinese Tablets out there. My price range is 100$ to 150$ Does anyone think they can help?

These are the specs of my old tablet

EDIT: I'm also looking for a tablet with G-Sensor as well so I can play games like Temple Run.
Also the Battery Life would be nice if it's as long as my old tablet.

• Model: M729 • Android 4.0 OS • 1.2GHz [WM8850 Cortex A9 1.2GHz] • 7" resistive touchscreen--800 x 480 resolution • Mini USB port, HDMI output • Front camera: 0.3MP • WiFi support: 802.11 b/g/n • RAM: DDR III 512 MB, 4-way G-sensor • Memory: 4GB storage; external micro-SD card 1GB to 32GB supported • Rechargeable polymer lithium battery • Voltage: 7.4V • Battery life: more than 6.5hrs • Measures 7.62" x 4.75" x 0.37" • Weighs: 0.75lbs

I don't mind Chinese Tablets as long as they work. And don't have a lot of problems like my old one did.

Well I haven't noticed anyone in this thread for awhile but for my birthday I'm thinking of getting the HiSense Sero 7 Pro.

Hi Azezel. The HiSense Sero 7 is the is the first tablet for this Chinese conglomerate, so nobody knows about the service record. However, as far as their cheap large-screen TVs are concerned their track record leaves a lot to be desired.
Ed

Azezel

Jun 3, 2013
Hi all,

I'm a photographer looking for a 9" or 10" high resolution tablet for viewing photos using a Camranger.
As a Note II owner, I'd rather stay Android than switching OS' and going with a 10" iPad Retina, but would love the retina's level of color and resolution.
Any android tablets that would fit my needs? Of course, not paying $600+ would also be a bonus of staying Android!

I've found these so far:
Aoson M33
Onda V973
Pipo M6

Now I don't know which Tablet you should get but you said Retina Screen the Kindle Fire HD on the commercial at least look like they have almost the same screen. Also you should be looking for HD Screens. My Sero 7 Pro has a HD Screen which pretty much is the same as the Nexus 7. Also some Chinese tablets don't have Google Play support so if that's what you want you have to look for it.

Last edited: